Chapter 6

I sit in my unlit room, unable to move. I stare at the plain wall for what felt like hours, but was actually minutes. The feeling, when you want to cry, came to me, but I just couldn't get myself to.

But in the corner of my eye, I saw something lay on the chair next to my bed. I look over and find a flower, it was a beautiful color of red, but I couldn't remember the name of it.

As I look at the flower, nurse Carol comes in and greets me with her kind smile.

"Good morning Adley." She walks towards me. I smile at her,

"Good morning." I say.

"I think it's time we got you cleaned up, and change your sheets." She says, I nod in agreement. A male nurse comes in bringing a chair on wheels. The male nurse picks me up gently and sets me in the chair. He leaves, and nurse Carol pushes me into the bathroom.
My left arm hurt like hell while she washed it, but when it came to my leg, it hurt worse. As if I just kept stabbing myself in the leg. She was very gentle, but it still hurt. When we were done, the male nurse comes it and puts me in the chair. When we get to my now clean bed, they pick me up and set me on the bed. After they both leave, I don't know what to think about, my mind was blank. I suddenly remembered the flower, was it from Christian?

Nurse Carol comes in with some food, and my refilled jug. I devoured the whole tray, leaving no crumbs. Nurse Carol was surprised how much I had eaten.

"Oh my goodness Aldey, you must've been hungry." She teased. I giggle, and nod. I look at the flower for a second.

"Who sent the flower?" I ask her.

"The man didn't say, he told me he was a friend of yours." She told me.

"What did he look like?" I ask her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"I couldn't see his face well, but he had blond hair, a deep voice, and he was tall. Oh and he had a cane." A shiver goes down my spine, and my eyes become wide. "Adley are you ok?"

"Oh, um, yeah, yeah I'm ok." I smile at her, she nods and walks out of the room. Within the next hour, my family comes to visit me.

"Hey hun, how you feeling?" My dad asks, as he kisses the top off my head. Tyler walks to me and holds my good hand, while my mom holds my other hand gently. They brought a few things for me from home to entertain me if I get bored.

"I see you've got a flower, who's it from." My mom asks me. I shrug, but I smile at her.

"I have no Idea." I look at Tyler, then at my parents.

My parents, Tyler and I talked for about an hour until they had to go. I was alone again, sometimes it's nice being alone, but right now I just feel, alone. A few minutes of loneliness, Christian walks in. I smile at him as he sits down.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asks, as he gets comfortable in the chair next to me. I look into his eyes, and couldn't help but smile.

"I feel fine, how are you?" I ask him. He looks down at his hands.

"I'm fine." Why won't he look at me? I thought. He finally looks up at me, and smiles, that amazing smile of his.

"Have you remembered anything yet?" He asks me quietly. I pull out Monica and show him the doll. He takes the doll and examines her.

"I remember playing with her, as a kid, but that's it, so far." I tell him, he looked so disappointed. He hands the doll back with a fake smile, then looks away, "What's wrong?

"Nothing, nothing is wrong." He clears his throat, and rubs the back of his neck. I may not remember him very well, but I do have the feeling he's lying.

"Christian, I know you're lying, it's ok, whatever it is, you can tell me." I assure him. He stays quiet and doesn't make eye contact. I stare at him, until he spills the secret. He starts to bounce his leg, meaning he's nervous. I continue to stare holes into him, he starts to bite his lower lip, and looks down.

"Christian, tell me." This time I don't ask, I tell him. He looks at me and sees that I'm being serious. He sighs, and opens his mouth to speak.

"Well, um, Adley-" As he was about to tell me, his phone starts to ring. I sigh with annoyance. "Hey, I'm sorry, my mom's calling. She's probably wondering where I am." He stands up and walks out of the room. Soon he comes back, still looking at the floor. "I came right after work to see if you're alright. I have to go home, but I will visit later."

"What about the thing you were going to tell me?" I ask him pouting, grabbing his shirt.

"You're so naggy." He laughed. "But I'll tell you later ok?"

I look down at my hands, I nod. He stands, and puts his hands in his pocket.

"I'll see you later?" He looked at me, waiting for an answer. I nod, and look up at him.

"Ok." I smile. He smiles, gives me a hug, kisses my cheek, and walks out of the room.

What is he hiding? Who is the guy who gave me the rose?