Chapter 1

This is my first story, and sorry if it's a bad start. I promise you it will get better. Also I'm only in the 8th grade (going into 9th next year), and my writing will improve. I plane on updating a few times a week.

Chapter 1
Mia’s P.O.V

“Today will be a bright and sunny day with a high of…” my alarm went off. I quickly turned it off. I got out of bed and headed to my closet. I quickly and quietly grabbed a purple shirt with white pants and some tennis shoes. I headed to the bathroom, and got ready.

I walked out of the bathroom, and went to my vanity to put on some makeup. After I put some makeup on I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Today was my last day in Maycomb. “Hey mom, you ready to move?” I asked her as I began to walk out the door. “Yes, and also don’t forget to come straight home after school. The moving van is picking up our stuff, and we’re living as soon as it leaves.” She said and I headed out the door and started to the school.

I sat through all my classes and soon it was time to go home. I walked home, and like my mom said there was a moving van there. “Mia come on it’s time to go!” My dad said while motioning for me to come, and get in the van. I ran up to the van and got in the back. We soon headed off to the airport. I was glad we were taking an airplane instead of driving, or else it would be a few days before we even have arrived there.

I took out my phone, and began to sing the lyrics from my favorite song by Zedd, Clarity.

High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain, it was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash 'cause we both know how this ends
A clock ticks 'til it breaks your glass and I drown in you again

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends
It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense
Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you

'Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?
Why are you my clarity?
Why are you my remedy?

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?

After the song finished we were at the airport. I got out my bags, and soon we were able to get on the plane. I had a window seat, and saw we flew I saw many buildings. The landscape was beautiful when you’re high up in the air. I sat there in salience when a girl around my age walked up to me. “Hi is this seat taken?” She asked me. “No, you’re welcome to have it.” I said “Thanks.” She said. “I’m Marissa b the way.” She said. “I’m Mia. So you’re going to Miami too?” I asked her. “Yea, my family and I are moving there today. What about you?” She said.

“Yea I’m moving there as well. Can’t wait to taste that ocean.” I said, and we both began to laugh. “Me too.” She said. “So, why are you moving here?” She asked me. “Well, my dad had gotten a new job, so we had to move. I’m going to miss old Maycomb.” I said. “Yea, I’ll miss it as well.” She said to me. We both relaxed for the rest of the plane ride until we finally arrived in Miami. “Finally we’re off this plane!” I said. I had gotten my lunge, and I said good bye to Marissa, even though we will see each other at school.

We drove to our new house, and began to unpack our stuff. “Mia you’re welcome to go out to the beach if you would like we can handle the rest.” Mom said. “Okay, thanks mom.” I said, and went to put my bikini on. As soon as I did I grabbed my sun glasses, and my beach bag then went down to the beach.

I placed a blanket not to fair from the ocean. I then got up and ran into the ocean, and dived under. This fells like I belong here. Like this is the place for me. I soon just swam around for a few hours and soon got up and went to tan myself.

Soon a volleyball had bounced over. “Hey can you though that ball back?” A guy shouted. I picked it up and tossed it back over to them. “Would you like to join us?” the same guy asked again. “Sure, why not.” I said and got up. I walked over to them. “I’m Luke by the way.” He said. This guy was about 6.5 feet tall with a great tan, and dark brown hair. I have to say he is cute!

“I’m Mia.” I told him. “Serves up!” He said and served the ball over the net. “Nice to meet you Mia. So what school you going to?” He asked me. “I will be going to South Port High.” I said to me. “Cool me, and my friends got there as well.” He said while hitting the ball back. “Awesome.” I said. I soon received a text from my mom which had told me to come home. “Well I’ve got to go. See you around.” I said then headed toward the house.

I got in the door, and took my flip flops off and sat them at the door. I walked to my room, but before I do I see mom cooking. “Hey mom what are you cooking tonight?” I asked her. “Chicken.” She said, and I left the room to go get changed. When I get done dad comes in the front door. “I’m home.” He said and put his suitcase down.

Thanks for reading. Now have to do homework for my CRAZY english 1 honors teacher becasue well she gives homework over breaks like the christmas break I had to do homework and had to take a quiz on the day we get back!! Okay thanks for reading please comment vote and follow!!