"Love Beyond Challenges"

A mother served as the light of the family. Her death brings changes to our life. My father does everything to sustain our daily needs. He works day and night as if there is no tomorrow. He takes good care of us before going to work. Every morning he drives his sidecar, while in the afternoon, he went to a construction site for work. In the evening, he is a deliveryman and a house boy to our neighbors. He worked all day long without minding the heat of the sun, drops of rain, and the cold of the night.
A month later, an unexpected happening worries my father, and this is the threat of the pandemic. People were not allowed to go out in their homes and other public places. Some stores and jobs are temporarily closed. Where could I get our daily food? He whispers these words while sobbing. I can feel the pain of my father. As what happened, my father budgeted the food so that it would last for days. Sometimes he has nothing left to eat because he saves it for my siblings. With the supplies given to our municipality, it able to sustain our needs. The lockdown is still ranging on. My father keeps his self busy cleaning our house, taking care of us, and creating a small vegetable garden in the backyard. In this way, he could still provide for our needs.
The lockdown lasts for six months, but uncertainly one of my sister Maria is sick. “Father! Father!,” shouted Rodolfo (my younger brother). “What happened, son?” he said. “Maria is fainting!” I shouted. “Father...,” uttered Maria in a low fainted voice. My father abruptly runs towards my sister. I was shocked and just cried at that time because I don't know what to do. We don't have enough money to visit a doctor.
One of our neighbors lends their help to my family.
“Marcius, here I lend you some of my money,” said Mario. “Don’t worry Marcius, we will help you,” said Fania. “Thank you for your help,” my father said. They went to a hospital and visited a doctor to check the health of my sister. The examination result of my sister shows that she has cancer. They stayed in the hospital for a month, but my sister could no longer cope with the pain.
“I am lucky to have all of you in my life! Please take care of yourself, father,” the words that my sister utter. "I love you, father," she added. Then, the ventilator plays the thinnest sound, and my sister closes her eyes. The pain we felt years ago is happening again.