Untitled Part 2

“Okay we have 300 provisions, 30 cases of H2O and 20 cases of whetstones and ammo. Altogether 4000 supplies packed and ready to go.” Reported Red.

As we began to board Mother Bird for the start of our adventure to the planet Earth, I notice how bothered Red seemed. As you already know, Red lost his father to a camp activity in an earlier age. But to lose your life in a part of the games was a horrible dishonor and your team loses 20 winnings. However tough Red may seem, he will always smother at the mention of his father. Yet now having to return to the planet that had taken his fathers life…

Red’s father was known as Tyth, a strong and barbaric warrior of the camp, he was very popular. Earning winnings and rankings day by day, Tyth was the best of the best in his age.  Tyth knew not only how to kill, but to have fun in doing so. Each life a Cabin takes earns them 20 winning points, as to subtract from the losers Cabin. If it is so that one Cabin in particular happens to take each life from the opposing Cabin, they were rewarded immunity for next day’s challenge. However rare that may be, Tyth was the only camper to ever successfully take 3 Cabins and erase them from history.

From then on Tyth’s expectations were higher than any other camper not only for himself but also for his team. Not being captain on Number 46: Cabin AKA S.R.S, he challenged the team’s leader for his position. Outraged with Tyth’s sudden lust for power, the captain agreed to his challenge that ended his life with blade. Killing a teammate within your team was forbidden, however already grated immunity; Tyth was no more than looked down upon. Desperate to get to the top again, Tyth suggested the next day’s challenge. Not only did he choose the hardest challenge that offered the greatest of rewards, but also he sealed his fate by doing so. As the next day rolled around, the challenge announced was to conquer a world.

Knowing how desperate for power the leader of S.R.S had become, the rest of the team tried to choose a small closer planet for their conquest. However Tyth already had a planet in mind. Earth was the farthest planet known in our database. Preparing for the mission, Tyth set of with S.R.S to certain doom.

As the team reached Earth 6.3 hours later, the water-covered planet had evolved. Accustomed to the rules of our ways, Tyth landed and confronted the strongest leaders of planet Earth speaking of their glorious doom and destruction. Unmoved by his speech, Earth began to counter attack. However instead of blade and musket, the Earth used fire and metal. Tyth’s forces were soon overrun.

The story of Tyth lives on in camper tales and stories only to be told as a lessons of cockiness and reliance on one’s self. How teamwork and skill marks the Cabin with the glories of winnings will each Cabin thrive to the future. Only then will the Cabin survive as one. Yet all the same, tales of past were not as important as the future stories for many campers listening.

Red however took this story to heart and swore revenge on Earth. Only then was he able to rest his father’s soul to the grave.

“Pete,” Red spoke, “Begin Mother Bird warm up procedures and Ben, set coordinates to Earth, Samuel begin reload procedure of each automated cannon system. I want to get to Earth in 3 hours or less.”

“But sir,” Ben warned, “Carefulness is what we need at the moment, true the race has started, but we need time to prepare. A fully weaponized ship will help not at a time like his.”

“I will not stand to listen to this. I will take revenge on Earth, get there before any other campers have reach the system Regoneach, and wipe out all life on Earth as to win.”

“But sir,” Ben spoke again, “We are to retrieve only one Earth subject, not annihilate the entire population.”

“Ben. Earth took my father, and I am not coming back until every last Earth subject is taken in his place.”

“Captain, please listen to reason, we will earn no extra winnings in destroying Earth. Why go through the trouble of conquering it if we must bring back one Earth subject.”

“If we must spare one pathetic life in order to receive our winnings, then we must but no more.” Then leaving us to fulfill his orders, Red retires to his champers as the Mother Bird prepares for take off.