𝖮𝟫。 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂𝗆𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗏𝖾

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CHAPTER NINE ━
❝ so your fake majesty, are you a dog trainer or something? ❞

[ chapter may include cursing ]

"stop trying to always show off, you idiot empress!" kaien scolded. "you're not that impressive, you know!"

yukiji was unyielding but ever since kaien found out that she was somewhat still a vampire, he had been threatening her with his anti-vampire weapon which she reacted to. in the end, she ended up on her knees as she looked away with her cheeks puffed.

"honestly, your habits never do change!" kaien pointed out.

"i can't look cool for someone who knows my m.o." yukiji murmurs, not expecting kaien to hear her words.

*m.o is an abbreviation for modus operandi which means someone's habits of working.

kaien somehow felt a bit touched that it came from her lips. the egotistical empress sat in front of him kneeling with an unyielding tongue to apologize. for someone who had seen the revolutionary changes of weaponry, medicine, and technology throughout time, she was still stuck in the past.

"yukiji, you need to stay low for now but obviously your ego has gotten the best of you." kaien tells the kneeling empress.

yukiji stands up and turns away from him with her arms crossed over her chest. she looks at him over her shoulder and gives a sly smile.

"that's how i lived for this long." she says with that stunning grin as she bid farewell to kaien.

kaien now stood in his office as he thinks back to the first time they met. she had a cold expression on her face yet her eyes were shimmering. an emotionless smile but when she made her grand exit, she would send a sly smile that captivated all who wished to discover the secrets behind it. however, the closer you get, the more further you actually are.

as she closes the door behind her, she once again spotted a silver-haired hunter who was approaching from the hallway.

"hey mister hunter!" yukiji waved happily at him only for him to turn around and walk the other way.

"kiryu-kun! wait!" yukiji runs after him as zero sped up to avoid talking to her.

after their legs gave up, they ended up back at where they had talk just yesterday. yukiji falls on the pile of hay with her limbs stretched out and white lily stares down the relaxed empress.

"are you a dog trainer or something, your fake majesty?" zero asked, feeding white lily some hay in his hand.

"good dogs, bad dogs, until they don't bite back." yukiji answers him like it was nothing. "kaien gave me an earful this morning. something about me not being cool."

"well, he's right." yukiji felt a stab to her mighty ego. "you're not that impressive."

yukiji stands up and dusts the hay off her school uniform. the conversation seems to be going no where at this point and sebastian should be back anyway. she planned to leave quietly but then zero said something.

"but you did make those blood suckers kneel so i respect you for that."

she turns her heels and smiles; her sly smile that hid a thousand secrets beyond knowledge. she leans against the doors of the stable and looks at zero's back.

what was it about him that made me come back? he was no pureblood but a level e vampire. he isn't rich but he's good looking so it makes up for his attitude and wealth. he's also a hunter and she's a goddess so will it even work? yukiji was pondering about the silver-haired hunter until a certain face occupied her thoughts.

 he's also a hunter and she's a goddess so will it even work? yukiji was pondering about the silver-haired hunter until a certain face occupied her thoughts

the sensation--the feeling of love is not foreign to the grande dame. the color red was the most beautiful color in her eyes; more beautiful than her jeweled blue ones. it was her favorite color until she was betrayed by the first man she had ever loved. he had red hair and amber eyes that glowed a fiery red under the moonlight. the sudden memory of her first love disregarded the silver hunter who had been staring at the thinking empress like she was weird.

"red is a disgusting color" yukiji mumbled out.

zero's enhanced hearing caught her words and wondered why she randomly blurted those words out. the empress's jeweled eyes were filled with betrayal and anger but also pain and longing. a look of anguish on her face seems so unnatural on her.

zero looks away.

"have you rode a horse before?"

she looks at him with a look of curiosity on her face. "no... why?"

big surprise, the mary sue of this story can't ride a horse but it's not that big of a deal. there's a lot of things she can't do because dead men tell no tales.

"watch and learn."

that was all zero said to her that slightly made her heart flutter. she slapped her cheeks until it was a burning and zero looked at her like she was on 'how to catch a predator'.

"you said that you were gonna teach me so don't discriminate me!" yukiji lectured as she pointed at him. "respect me, lowly human!"

"i'm far from human, your majesty." zero says.

your majesty, wow. this was the first time zero acknowledged her and she's a bit impressed. zero was already out of sight and yukiji runs out of the stable to find him before he wondered too far. she did not want to play hide and do-not-go-seek.

"i was in a middle of a speech!"

"can it, you egotistical highness." zero retorted nonchalantly. "if you can ride white lily without being trampled on and using your so-called abilities, i will acknowledge you."

that's easy, she thought as she flicked her hair.

"easy." she said in confidence as she approaches white lily.

not even a feral animal have the guts to bare their teeth in front of such a person. albeit a starving lion or poisonous snake, no such thing dared to get near without permission. so handling a horse is not a problem.

and she was so wrong.

zero watched in amusement as white lily was running laps and yukiji chased her around like a game of cat and mouse.

this fake b*tch, zero thought, unimpressed.

zero knew all along that she was all talk. no way was she the so-called powerful heavenly empress that kaien always boasted about when they were kids. what a joke.

"i thought you said you were powerful, you fake empress!" zero screamed over the loud rumbles of white lily's horsepower.

"shut up!" yukiji screamed back.

and so, zero watched the game of cat and mouse for a while until someone dressed in black appears beside him. his red eyes lingering over to the frustrated blonde that chased the horse.

"what an adorable kitten."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
UNEDITED.
a/n: i know! not much of zeroxyukiji content but i was having a bit of a writer's block (which, i know, is not a excuse). next will feature possible sebastianxyukiji moments.