When I Disappeared.

I woke up at 7:15. I was already late, so I just put on my black ripped jeans and my faded green AC/DC shirt. As I looked in my full length mirror I sighed. My face was hollow but somehow still soft. My eyes were a green-ish silver today. My hair had grown which somehow seemed impossible seeing as it was already below my freaking waist. I threw my hair into a messy bun and ran down the stairs. My foster mom was in the kitchen, standing in front of the stove looking confused.

               "What happened?" I walked to the cupboard and threw a snack into my bag, scooping up my laptop and phone and the same movement. 

               She scratched her head and sighed, "The stove shorted out again." Her voice faltered on the last syllable and I hugged her.

               "It's gonna be okay."  I nod and pat her back. "I'll have Mr. Johnson drop by and bring food. Maybe he can take a look at it." I texted him as I spoke. I tried to smile and slipped my hoodie over my head. 

               "I'm sorry, Em." She rubbed her face and I kissed her on the cheek. 

               "It's okay, Fran. I gotta go. Mr. Johnson is coming over soon." Walking out the door I smiled big. 

               After I shut the door I blew out a heavy exhale. It was spring in Albany and like all seasons, it was raining. I had lived in Albany, New York for the past seven months. I liked it here so far. I put my earbuds in and started walking to school. I lived right next to Delmar so I went to BCSHS. I flipped my hood up and listened to my music as I walked. That might've been why I didn't hear the van. 

              But I saw it. I felt the wind from it rushing past me.  I fell to my knees and my phone clattered to the ground. I screamed and dropped face first into the rainy sidewalk. Ringing filled my ears. I looked up, still unable to hear anything and saw the blur of a tall figure walking towards me. I whimpered in pain as I tried to scoot away. But his hands were too fast. He gripped me by my arm and pulled me off the ground roughly. I struggled and he just held me harder. 

              I tried to scream for help but all my words just came out as a garbled mess. "Shut up." He didn't yell but he spoke calmly. I was momentarily stunned and then I blacked out again as he lifted me into the back of the van.