Prelude

"Ah, shit- I'm gonna be late!"  

Lucario thought to himself, while in a rush to get somewhere, with his black boots smoothly stepping on the concrete sidewalk and his oversized black bomber jacket blowing behind him in the wind as he walked- no, he was borderline running. He had planned to hang out with Mewtwo, his best friend, at this new sandwich shop that opened in town. It was around 1 PM at this time.

In his rush, he accidentally bumped into someone. "Hey, idiot! Watch where you're going!" A male voice shouted. Lucario was too busy hurrying to see who it was, all he saw was that they wore a brown trench coat.

After that, he finally arrived at the restaurant, and saw Mewtwo sitting at a table near the entrance. He went over to Mewtwo, sitting down beside him. Mewtwo had ordered three sandwiches, and handed one to Lucario. 

"Hi, Lucario! Took you long enough. Where were you?" Mewtwo asked, chuckling. He spoke in a calm and elegant tone.

"At home. I left my phone somewhere and had to find it." Lucario chuckled awkwardly, speaking in a soft, lightly deep yet confident tone. "You got yourself two sandwiches?" 

"Ah, no. This one's for a friend of mine I want you to meet." Mewtwo replied, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Huh? You didn't tell me anything about this. Who is it?" Lucario was confused, but curious.

"You'll see. He'll be here any minute now." Mewtwo replied.

And he was right. About two minutes later, Zeraora entered the building, and headed over to the table. He wore a chocolate brown trench coat, with something that looked to be a black shirt underneath, where only the collar was visible. Alongside that, he wore a pair of black silk pants and elegant boots that matched the color of the trench coat. He also wore a beige beanie. He went over to the table, and sat down in front of Lucario, while the blue canine analyzed Zeraora.

"Why hello. You must be Lucario, right?" Zeraora spoke in a voice almost equally as deep as Lucario, maybe just barely deeper. His tone had an air of sass and flamboyance to it.

"Yeah--- Yeah, that's me." Lucario fumbled a bit. Zeraora extended a hand for a handshake, and Lucario accepted, shaking the feline's hand. 

Then, silence, as Zeraora was skeptically looking at Lucario. "Wait, aren't you that dumbass that wasn't looking where he was going?" He laughed.

Lucario was a bit embarrassed, as Mewtwo glared. "Alright, Zeraora. That isn't necessary."

"Maybe buy a pair of glasses next time, hmm?" Zeraora continued, laughing harder, before finally stopping.

Lucario was embarrassed, looking away, burying his face into his bomber jacket a bit.

"Right, well, thanks for the sandwich, Mewtwo. I think I'll get going now, I have to be somewhere, sadly. I'm glad I got to stop by, though." Zeraora said with a chuckle, standing up and grabbing his sandwich.

"Alright, goodbye Zeraora." Mewtwo lightly waved at him.

"Oh, and it was nice meeting you, Lucario." Zeraora winked at him, before turning around to leave. Lucario sighed.

"Yeah, sorry. Zeraora's like that sometimes." Mewtwo explained, as the two proceeded to chat and eat their sandwiches. 

After about half an hour, they finished their sandwiches and geared up to leave. The two headed for the exit, and left the building. They continued talking on their way out, but went their separate ways soon after.

Then, Lucario looked up at the sky and noticed heavy clouds forming...

—————————————————————————————————————

hi. so, the book's currently undergoing a massive revamp, so if certain chapters don't align with others, that's why. soon enough, all chapters will be revamped and then the story will finally continue

and a lot of love from me to everyone that stuck around and is here <3