CHAPTER 1

Today was just like any other ordinary day . I woke up and laid in bed for about 15 minutes or so , gazing into the ceiling waiting for my alarm to snooze for the 5th time before actually getting up to turn it off . Moving very sluggishly in search of my phone that I fall asleep with on the bed , something ran across my mind suddenly.  So I got up and checked the calendar hanging above my door . It was April the 6th , a Friday as a matter of fact  and I had no work and 0 responsibilities. The day progressed casually even though it was my birthday. I finally turned 21 . Unimpressed but 21 . Looking around rubbing my eyes to clear my vision I noticed that my phone was constantly vibrating in my lap ; I looked down and saw 11 new text messages from different persons all wishing me a happy birthday but I'm not a fussy person, never had never will be when it comes to my birthday . I replied thank you to most of the messages before eating breakfast or showering . 
Finally getting out of my room after 30 exhausting minutes all failed attempts to get out bed . Stumbling into the bathroom, I noticed that one of my friends were calling me so I answered . '' HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🥳 '' she shouted.  After four minutes of listening to her rant about her plans for my afternoon,  she surprised me by buying 2 tickets to Yesterday's ; which is an event in Jamaica held only 4 times a year . I was actually shocked . And I said thank you but I  declined.  After convincing me to come along she told me that she had someone that she wanted me to meet . I was never told the name of the person but she was a girl and she's a lesbian too.
I wondered . So I asked her , ' Why are you setting me up on a blind date? '' . She replied by saying afterwards , '' You're fine ,  you're single and everyone likes you . So I'm getting you a girlfriend  bro chill out " . I laughed because there's no way that I was possibly going out with a total stranger. I finally gave into the thought about meeting this mysterious girl who goes by the name by of D . After she hung up the phone I thought to myself , who could this person be ? Rolling my eyes around the room looking for answers but the thought quickly vanished after getting a email notification. I stood in front of the mirror with my toothbrush in one hand and my phone in the other ; it was my payslip 😌 . 
" Lord , I am grateful ! " I said abruptly.