1 - Please Go Back to Where You Came From

GUESS WHO'S BACK.

Yes, it is me. I am still alive and wel--- actually I'm drowning in homework and tests and assignments but besides that I'm fantastic (note the sarcasm).

I haven't updated in literally forever and I've been gradually working on this update. I'm sorry if it's nothing particularly spectacular to you, but the whole plot has yet to build. I'm still pretty much winging this right now because even after all this time, I haven't fully developed a mental outline as to what I'm going to do with this story besides some few key points.

THANK YOU TO WHOEVER IS READING. YOU ARE AMAZING FOR HAVING STAYED WITH ME THIS FAR. Idk if the fandom has kind of died down or what, but I feel obligated to finish what I started, you know?

So, on another note, let's get started :)

-LuvDaBooks487

P.S. JACKIE AND HER FRIENDS ARE GOING INTO THEIR SENIOR YEAR IN THIS STORY. AT THIS POINT, JACKIE'S BIRTHDAY HASN'T COME YET, SO SHE'S STILL 17 YEARS OLD. **PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IN THE GIRL WHO BELIEVED IN THE GUARDIANS I PUT JACKIE IN HER SENIOR YEAR BECAUSE THEN I'D HAVE TO GO BACK TO FIX THAT AMONG OTHER THINGS**

************************************************************************************************

"Jack."

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH."

"Jack."

"I TRIED SO MANY TIMES TO REACH YOU, BUT I WAS GOING INTO VAMPIRE MODE BECAUSE OF SUMMER, YOU KNOW?"

"Jack."

"YOU'RE HAIR'S GOTTEN LONGER; IT LOOKS SO PRETTY, JACKIE. YOU'RE AS BEAUTIFUL AS EVER. AS FOR ME, I KIND OF LOOK LIKE A HOBO, BUT A REALLY HOT HOBO NONETHELESS-"

"JACK!" I yelled, finally trying to snap him out of whatever weird rambling mode he was in. He lifted his head from where he had it buried in my hair to look at me with his big blue eyes. He honestly looked like a little kid with his big eyes, ruffled white hair, and pouting lips.

"What?" he asked, his arms still wrapped around me in an embrace that he refused to let me out of, which was understandable because the last time we'd seen each other was in May, when it was last cool. I hadn't seen him in three months because he had to go to Greenland, a place he went to whenever Denver entered into summer since he couldn't stand the heat and was barely functional.

I knew this from personal experience: he'd tried coming to visit me on my last day of junior year and he nearly had a heatstroke. I wish I was joking. It was a terrifying experience when he was crashing into things and then finally collapsed.

"First of all, what are you doing here at school?" I asked him, looking around, noticing how some people had turned their attention on us and were giving Jack peculiar looks. I knew I would have to answer questions later and I wracked my brain to remember the lie I had originally told my friends before they knew Jack was the Jack Frost. "And second of all, I kind of can't breathe."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Jack apologized, letting me go and taking a step back, but taking a hold of my hand. I didn't mind, though, because I loved being in contact with Jack after so long. It was pretty brutal not being by his side after all we went through; it was like there was something missing entirely from my life. The other Guardians I was able to see since their health wasn't affected by the weather, though, so that was good. "And I came here because it's the first day that's been cool in Denver and do you really think I was gonna pass up an opportunity to see you?" Jack grinned cheekily at me and gave my hand a squeeze.