Chapter 3 (Edited)

The only people left in the practice room were Minho and Kibum. And then there was this sudden tension in the air; both of them looked at each other, and then Kibum once again averted his gaze.

After the others had left, Minho locked the door for some privacy so that no one would barge in as he talked to Kibum. He then approached the older man and stated solemnly, "We need to talk Kibum."

Kibum, who was at the other end of Minho's gaze, gulped and nodded visibly; he was starting to feel nervous; he knew he avoided Minho a lot, and the younger had noticed. Everyone sort of did. During the choreography, he avoided Minho, which ended up making him push Taemin and almost causing their fall. During break time, when Minho approached him, he avoided him and started talking to Jonghyun.

The older man sat on the ground with his back against the mirror, took a deep breath, and asked, "What do you want to talk about?"

Minho looked Kibum in the eye and replied, "I know something is wrong with you, and I want to know what it is." You have been acting weird since yesterday. You have been constantly avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? Or is it something else? I'm concerned about you, Kibum ah; please let me know what's wrong. Minho spoke in a serious yet gentle tone. He at first thought that he should let Kibum open up to him, but now he thinks that he should ask because of how Kibum is avoiding him and because he knows that the older man would never tell him on his own what is going on.

Kibum was at a loss for words. There were tons of thoughts flooding his mind—should he tell him? Should he not? What to say? How much should I say? What should I say? Should I tell Minho about my feelings? No, I shouldn't. He is dating someone; my feelings would only be a burden.

After thinking about it, he could only say, "You don't have to worry; I am fine." Yes, he would be fine. He can be fine. It would take time, but everything would be okay.

Despite Kibum's saying he was alright, Minho didn't believe it. They have known each other for years, and Minho can tell when something is wrong with his best friend.

"Kibum, ah, I know you're not fine," Minho sighed. For god's sake, I have known you for years! "Look, I don't want to force you, but seeing this is making me very worried; I just want to help."

Kibum was getting annoyed. What should I tell you? I love you and am jealous of your girlfriend. Or I don't know how to deal with the confusing emotions I am dealing with. I am angry, sad, and annoyed at the same time.

However, Kibum held his words back and said, "I will tell you when I think it is the right time." This sentence made Minho calm down as he asked, "When is the right time?"

Kibum stood up and said, "Probably soon." "I think I can deal with this, but when I can't, I will come to you." I will tell you all these things when you break up with your girlfriend, or if you never break up and get married to her, I will bury all these feelings deep in my heart so that you never hear a word about them.

Minho felt a bit happy that at least Kibum is talking or is going to talk about his problems with him. He felt confident. He trusted Kibum's words. If he said he would tell him, then he will.

Minho slid his arm around Kibum, making the latter's heart race as he said, "Now that this is resolved, let's go and wait for something." "I am hungry."

Kibum nodded as he tried to control his racing heart. They left the practice room, wore their masks, and walked towards a small cafe. Making sure no one noticed them, they sat in the corner and ordered some coffee and cake.

Kibum decided that avoiding Minho was not an option, so he went back to normal, which was controlling his emotions, smiling whenever Minho said something, and going against whatever he said, causing the bicker.

***

Returning to their home, Minho decided to shower first and then rest; since the bathroom was occupied, Kibum lay on his bed and stared at the ceiling, trying to think of some ideas of how to control his feelings and not affect his friendship with Minho.

Thinking for a while made him decide to act like everything was alright like he was good "bros" with Minho and would bicker with him like normal, make fun of him, and laugh around like the usual Shinee's Key. If Minho asked him what was wrong, he would say that the problem was solved and now there was no need to worry about it.

However, acting like everything is okay is going to be tough. But I will do it at all costs.

Minho emerged from the shower wearing only a towel around his waist, his hair wet, water trailing down his neck, his well-defined abs, and Fuck!

Kibum's eyes widened as he thought, "Fuck!" Fuck my life! Fuck him! Kim Kibum, you dumbass! With his heart pounding and all sorts of thoughts coming to mind that made his cheeks turn red, he immediately got up from the bed, grabbed the towel that he had kept on the bed earlier, and made a run for the bathroom.

So much for acting like everything is normal! Ugh!! Choi Minho, can you let me live normally? Why are you so damn hot and sexy, and...........arghhh!!! why can't you just let me live peacefully damnit!
______________
Rei's Note

I added a few lines to make it more understandable, changed a few things, and removed the parts I found cringe-worthy.

Edited 02/02/2023