Chapter 7

Midoriya bade his classmates farewell just outside the Class 1-A dormitory, waving with his right hand as he stood with All Might by his side. No matter how many times he'd insisted to Todoroki the night before he was fine to pack up his own belongings, Todoroki knew better and stayed up with him until nearly one in the morning to finish packing his items away. They'd fallen asleep shortly thereafter, collapsed on the now-coverless bed, Todoroki functioning as a weighted blanket as he splayed himself across Midoriya. He'd been careful of Midoriya's left arm, but still Midoriya had awoken to the sharp pain he'd gotten so used to.

All Might had brought his boxes downstairs for him, with a bit of help from Kirishima and Sato after they'd finished packing their own things into their respective cars. Midoriya's mother had been unable to come pick him up, so All Might offered to drive him home, instead. He and Todoroki had been the last two students, but just a few minutes ago Todoroki had finished packing his things into his older sister's car. He'd arranged to spend the week before his training at her apartment.

Just as All Might and Midoriya (with the limited help he could supply) finished packing Midoriya's things into All Might's car, Recovery Girl came strolling down the path from the U.A. campus. "Ah! Midoriya, I'm glad I caught you before you left!" She pinched his cheek in that friendly manner she tended to. Over her shoulder was a bag with a medical cross on it. "I brought you some things to help care for your arm over the break. If I'm correct, this week will likely be the worst of it, but you should be able to use your arm again soon."

The bags under Midoriya's eyes practically dissipated as his entire face lit up in a way that had become scarce during his recovery. "Really?!" Midoriya exclaimed, shifting from foot to foot in that excited way that Todoroki had been witness to so many times before.

Recovery Girl passed the bag into Midoriya's hand. "There's some bandages in there to wrap your arm with once you have enough strength to lift two pounds in your left hand," she said. "I contacted your mother and let her know the condition of your arm as well as what I'm giving you now, so she has an idea of how to wrap the wound. There's also that solvent I requested for the scar on your arm," as she explained she opened the bag in Midoriya's hand and pulled the items out. "And I left a note with my phone number in the bag. Please contact me once you regain feeling in your entire arm."

"Yes, ma'am!" Midoriya chirped. "Thank you so much!"

Recovery Girl turned her attention to All Might. "Have you talked to Bakugou?"

"Bakugou?" Midoriya questioned.

"Aizawa addressed the situation," All Might replied sternly. "I will step in if I have to, but it seems that Aizawa did a fine job himself."

"Right," Recovery Girl nodded, finally looking back to Midoriya. "We don't tolerate bullying at this school, especially to that degree," she clarified.

"Oh," the warm, sunny expression Midoriya had worn before dropped.

"Are you ready to go, Young Midoriya?" All Might asked, nodding towards the car.

"Yes, sir," Midoriya replied.

"Safe travels!" Recovery Girl called to them, then headed back the way she came.

The car ride wasn't particularly long, but in the early afternoon traffic of office workers going for lunch, it took longer than normal. "Sir," Midoriya said, "nothing is going to happen to Kacchan, right?"

"If he does anything like he did to your arm again, something will have to be done," All Might replied. "And Young Bakugou knows that that 'something' will be his expulsion from U.A."

Midoriya looked straight ahead through the windshield. Despite his apartment being on the outskirts of a city, they still hit the snag of city traffic. They'd been sitting at the same stoplight for three cycles now, barely moving forward each time it turned green. "Right," he said finally.