Hazey.

Warning(s): Mentions of Sexual Activity, Unplanned Pregnancy, Drug Use, High School AU

Author's Note: I actually wrote this for a friend, according to my notes 283 days ago and it was originally a Zayn one shot (if you can't tell). I hope you enjoy it!

It was more of an agreement rather than a question. You'd been together your entire lives.

It was made with a joint in his hand. It was made under the stars where your minds roamed, too high to be level with the land. It was as you were letting the smoke roll from your mouth that he'd spoken up. His voice was raspy from the smoke yet chipper from the high. Muffled from laying on his side in the grass.

"Y'know you're my best friend, yeah?" He asked, his eyes trained on you as you looked up at the stars.

"Yeah. We've known each other since we were three and all." You laughed, coughing because the smoke had burned at your throat earlier.

"How come we've never...y'know. Questioned each other?" You looked at him then, your eyes glowing under the starry sky.

"What do you mean?" You asked, a tilt to your head as you felt relaxation sink into your body slowly, starting from your head and reaching your toes within a matter of seconds.

"I mean, we've went out with so many people but like, we've never tried anything. Between us." He said.

"Niall. How much did you smoke?" You laughed, your head thrown back and your hair falling with it.

"Just as much as you did. Or more." He shrugged before sitting up. "Let me kiss you." He said. You never asked. It was always "let me in" or "give me that", you never asked.

You didn't see what you had to lose although your brain supplied you could lose him, shrugging as you shifted to be next to him, your face against the damp grass as you smiled at him. You were far away from city lights due to Niall's 2001 Honda Civic, far away from earth thanks to the weed sitting in Niall's bag.

"Are you going to keep staring at me or kiss me?" You laughed. Niall laughed with you before placing his lips on yours. It was just a soft peck, as if testing the waters. When he pulled back, he gave you a grin. The dopey one he got when he was high and his eyes were droopy. He kissed you again, this time, your mouths moved against each others like clockwork, hands tangling in hair like starvation had gotten the best of them.

You found yourself straddling him, his hands resting on the small of your back and slowly going to rest on the curve of your bum. It was as if you'd just found gold in each other and were digging for more and more. You were the one to draw back, placing your forehead to his and giving Niall a dopey smile with a laugh.

"So we're together, right?" He asked, his eyes closed as you rested against him.

"Yeah. If you keep kissing me like that."

--

Riding on the back of Niall's bike was always a thrill. You two were still fixing up yours in his father's shop that you actually weren't allowed in due to an alcohol accident earlier that year. You pulled the helmet from your head as Niall removed his. There was an awkward giggly moment when you'd gotten off the bike and Niall took your hand in the parking lot in front of the school. You were standing in between his legs and he was moving hair from in front of your face.

"I'm gonna kiss you." He said, his hands on your hips as he surveyed your lips. You nodded and he pressed his lips against yours, smiling a bit as you complied immediately. You pressed closer to him, your tongue finding its way into his mouth, his tongue playing back with yours. It had to be the best high decision Niall had ever came up with.