Hurt.

Warning(s): None

Author's Note: This is a short little Drabble I wrote a while ago! It's just some hurt/comfort!

It's early when you wake, no sunlight streaming through the spaces in the curtains due to the rainstorm that's taken residence in London for two days so far.

The sheets don't feel soft beneath you anymore. They feel warm and damp and dry at the same time, the comfort of what was there now all drawn into your skin. You're not wearing pants, opting for bare arse as you push back the clammy duvet- careful not to stir the sleeping body next to you. You pad into the kitchen, covering your torso with one of Niall's shirts before scratching lazily at your head.

The linoleum is cold under your feet but you can't bring yourself to care as you switch on the electric kettle Niall was so against buying. You lift yourself onto the counter nearest to the fridge, letting your fingers twine in your lap and yourself watch them. Your head was mostly quiet- not buzzing with the sound of crowds or work's orders. You brushed the pad of your thumb over your wrist where ink resided, smiling a bit at it. Then you tilted your head back, letting it thunk back onto the cabinet behind you. A sigh fell from your mouth as you crossed your ankles.

The kettle was taking too fucking long.

You gave it a sideways glance before realising it wasn't even plugged up. You snorted before closing your eyes, opting against actually getting up to plug it up. You could wait.

"Babe?" A gravely sleepy voice drawled. You didn't have to open your eyes to know it was Niall. You didn't realise you were crying until Niall's thumb brushed away a tear that was sliding down your cheek, pressed between your legs with his other hand bracketing your hip. "Wanna talk about it?" Niall asked and you shook your head. "Can I kiss you?" Niall asked, and his voice breaks like your heart does when you hear it.

You nod, finally opening your eyes to see hesitant ocean-y irises staring back at you. You bring a hand from your lap, placing it on Niall's cheek before smiling sadly at him, leaning in to capture his lips in some sort of sad embrace that make your stomach stir like it does around Niall. It's slow and nice like you and Niall always are, filled with the joy and desperate sides of love, drowning yourselves in each other so you won't drown in yourself.

But it breaks when you feel the lump in your throat growing too big for you to swallow down, choking back a sob against Niall's lips that leaves your chest heaving.

It doesn't work.

You cry, head burrowed into Niall's shoulder as Niall pulls you tight against his chest, his own chest quivering. You fist the material of Niall's shirt in your hands, letting yourself pour into Niall.