Ch. 15 Obstructor fights

~Y/n pov~

"I... It's a monster...!!"

There was this giant thing in front of us..I think it was called an Obstructor.

"... Then put your wits together. We'll all think about it, and pick someone's idea to drive it away." Hinako said.

"If we discuss it... We might jus' figure out a weakness!" Q-taro agreed.

The monster is just looking this way.

"Hmph... Narrowing down your targets?"

The monster turned toward Hayasaka.

"FOUND YOU... FOUND YOU..."

"Ha... haha... I've got a bad feeling..." Hayasaka exclaimed.

The monster is laughing fearlessly. The monster attacked Hayasaka!

"T-This is no joke...!" Hayasaka ducked behind the others to escape danger.

"Those red areas of its body are making a crackling sound... Seems they're electrified or something. It'd be dangerous to touch. The purple skeletal parts are some kind of armor. Probably okay to touch those. ...Might have to find a weapon or destroy the armor to deal with this one." Keiji observed, "...Ahh, I got it. / Thoses bandages look like they burn easy. Might do some good damage if we can light 'em up."

Keiji continued, "That red thing on its chest's got my attention... If that's a weak point... It might stop moving if we can destroy it with some weapon."

"There's a flaming stick on the wall, meow!" Gon pointed out.

Sara reached up and grabbed it.

"Hmm... Not sure about using it as a weapon. But maybe you could burn it if you got close and found a good opprtunity?" Hinako pondered aloud.

Gin backed away nervously, "You're kinda violent, woof..."

"...I'm fine fighting it if I've got a weapon, okay?"

I searched around and handed her a shovel, "This will probably work, right?"

She grabbed it off me and jumped up, whacking the armour as hard as she could.

"Destroying a helmet with a shovel... You're really something." Keiji commented.

"...I mean, my arm is tingling a little." She responded.

The helmet has already been destroyed, but the chest piece is remaining.

She attacked it again, "Huh? Didn't do any damage... Huh... Maybe this monster can't feel pain. Might've been better to burn it."

The monster was wary of fire, so Hinako tried to attack it with the wall torch.

She huffed, "Hard to find an opening... Hey, somebody grab its attention. Then i'll burn it from behind..."

I was gonna move to try and distract it, but was stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist. Turning to see who it was, my eyes met with Shin's. He was giving me a pleading look, telling me not to do it.

Sighing, I step back, feeling his grip on my loosen as I bring my hand up to gently run my hand through his hair, effectively calming him down.

Sara was the one who stepped up and distracted it while Hinako attacked the Obstructor.

Shin wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his head in my shoulder.

"Hm, that went well..." Hinako beamed, looking down at the unmoving body of the Obstructor.