Part 4

"What's this?" Charlie asked grabbing a stuffed animal in a light and innocent voice.
"It's a stuffed monkey for you to play with. It can be like King Kong or it can be your little buddy. You decide that." A strange voice said. Older yet still adolescent. That's as far back as I can remember. The first thing I can remember. A young and innocent Charlie who I wish I still knew. "What are you gonna name it?"
"Mikey!" Charlie yelled excitedly. He'd never looked at something with such joy in his eyes. It made him happy to receive just a simple stuffed monkey.
"Mikey huh? Well why don't you, me and Mikey play for a bit?" The older voice spoke.
"Yeah!" Charlie hollered as he raced around the room stuffed monkey in hand.
Awhile later I heard banging and hollering from the garage.
"Dad needs help! He's probably working on his truck!" Charlie chanted looking anxious to help his father.
"Hang on, hang on. We'll go help him shortly. Put my Mikey down and come with real quick I want to show you something." The older voice said.
"Okay but we have to be quick my papa needs help," Charlie sighed quickly following the older kid.
"Here's what we're gonna do." The older voice said.
"This is weird why are we doing this?" Charlie responded curiously.
"It's just something that makes you feel good. You like to feel good don't you cousin?" The older voice said.
"Well of course it's not fun not feeling good," Charlie responded. I heard movement but not much else. "This is weird I want to go help my papa now."
"We can't stop you'll get in trouble and I'll have to tell your dad. You don't want me to tell your dad do you?" The older voice said impatiently.
"No please don't tell my dad." Charlie cried.
"Then let's finish what we're doing then we can go help him okay?" The older voice said strangely.
Uncomfortably Charlie responded, "Okay."