14~ Breakfast

~~~Lee's POV~~~

I was in bed, lying with my parents and in the stage where you're half awake and half asleep, slightly conscious of things around you. I could hear them breathing, one of them was awake, the other sleeping. 

Funny... It didn't smell like my parents, it smelt more like male cologne, coffee, smoke, honey and... blood?

That's weird.. My Mum smells like cinnamon and grass after it rains, my Dad smells like new things and shampoo.

I opened my eyes to see what was different, and then I remembered. 

Everything was different. 

I wasn't with my parents I was with Spring and Goldie- We... we had a sleepover, yeah that's right, and then Spring had a nightmare... Hurt himself... And we all fell asleep together. 

That's right. 

Not my parents. 

But... my friends, which is just as good, if not better.

I was suddenly hit with a sudden overwhelming sadness at the memories of how my life used to be, bright, happy and untroubled. 

Then my dad got that dumb job that made us move houses, made him go away all the time. 

It just made them fight more. 

I became more and more insignificant until I felt like nothing to them, and it was just them, and I was on the outside looking in. 

It just kept getting worse. 

I got bullied all the time, no matter what school I went to. Sharing my opinion became my weakness, so I learnt to stay quiet and keep my head down.

Didn't stop me from being noticed. 

I sighed and turned over to see Spring lying awake, with Goldie sleeping on his other side, his head resting on Spring's shoulder and one arm around his stomach, looking peaceful and extremely adorable. 

Okay, I'm gay. Just deal with it.

"Morning Spring," I yawned "W-What's the time."

He looked at the clock on the bedside table and said "Twenty past ten."

"Mmm... Okay.. How long have you been awake for?"

"I dunno. . . An hour maybe?"

"Damn, you should've woke me up." I said, feeling bad that he had just been lying in bed for an hour.

"Nah, it's okay, you looked comfy anyways." He said, smile slightly.

Goldie shifted in his sleep slightly, and opened his eyes, squinting at the dull sunlight streaming through the curtains. 

"Ugh.... What's the time..?" He said groggily. 

"Twenty past ten." Spring repeated to Goldie.

Goldie opened his big brown eyes more and looked up to Spring, and then me, and then noticed he was basically on top of Spring and blushed madly, making his smattering of freckles stand out. He took his arm off Spring and moved his head, muttering a "Sorry" and hiding his face slightly.

I propped my head up on my fist and looked down at my new friends, Goldie's honey blonde hair poked out everywhere, and Spring's olive brown was immaculate as always, but in a messy way.

I grinned down at the two, and then got out of bed and opened the curtains, letting the sunlight in, the grass outside glittered with the remains of last night's storm and rain.

"Aghhhh! Lee close the blinds!" Goldie shouted, shielding his poor eyes from the light.

I walked over and pulled the blanket off the bed and walked out, yelling "Get up idiots!" as I went downstairs to see if there was anything I could make breakfast with.

~~~Goldie's POV~~~

"Get up idiots!"

I shivered at the cold as I sat up in the bed, watching Spring roll off the bed and onto the floor. I laughed at he grunted.

"Y'know, there are better ways to get out of bed right?" I joked. 

His head popped up from the side of the bed "Nonsense, this is the most productive way to get out of bed." He said poshly, imitating a british accent.

I chuckled and shivered some more, standing up and rubbing my arms- hoping to maintain some warmth. 

Spring noticed and frowned, "You cold?" 

I nodded sheepishly and he walked over to his closet, rummaging through it for a moment, before turning around with something dark green with a grey camouflage pattern on it. 

He shook it out and I noticed it as a hoodie, and he threw it at me, smiling. 

"Put it on- it's one of my warmest, sorry if it's a bit big though." He smiled lopsidedly and I looked at it, sighing, and pulling the hoodie over my head and wincing as the bottom reached midway down my thighs, and the sleeves reached my knees. 

He looked at me, and put a hand over his mouth, giggling slightly at me. 

I glared, and he burst out laughing, tearing up and clutching his stomach with one hand as he used the other to prop himself up. 

"You're," He gasped, struggling to speak, "S-so shor- pFFTAHAHAHA-"  

I blushed, and rolled up the sleeves so that they weren't making it look like I didn't have arms.

"Stuff you Spring." I muttered, and he looked up to me, controlled his laughter, and just shrugged. 

"I don't care if you wear it or not, if you wanna freeze- then cool." He drawled, knowing he had won.

I shot daggers with my eyes and went downstairs to find Lee making eggs, pancakes, bacon and toast for the three of us.

He turned around to see me in the monstrosity I was wearing, and looked bemused in a sympathetic way, and just nodded.

"Coffee?" He asked.

"Oh god, yes please." I replied thankfully.

He nodded again and turned around, pouring a generous amount and handing it to me. 

I sat at the bar stool on the bench, taking a large gulp.

"Wanna explain your outfit?" He asked mockingly.

I sighed "Spring." I answered, and he just laughed and turned back around as if that was all the explanation he needed.

He served up breakfast as Spring came down the stairs in dark jeans and a grey t-shirt.

He chuckled at the sight of me in his hoodie again, and I flipped him off, taking another sip of my coffee and digging into the eggs on my plate. 

Lee sat on my right and wisely stayed silent. 

After a few moments of companionable silence, Spring broke it, saying

"Guys... I just wanna say thanks for last night, really it means a lot to me." 

Lee and I looked to him, "Of course- we told you, we're always here for you." I comforted, smiling.

"Thanks Goldie." 

Spring smiled, and  though occurred to me,

"Alright well hurry up! There's something I wanna show you two!"

They both smiled and ate faster.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~

  I'm back. 

Join my discord

https://discord.gg/8F2P8kF