Late Night Reading

It was a calm quiet night and everyone was peacefully sleeping. Well except Nightmare he was in his old dusty library. (Normal dust not monster dust btw) He was trying to find a book to read to pass time. When you are a God you don't have to sleep, so Nightmare passes time by reading as his team snoozes the night away.

"Now what sounds like a good read." Nightmare said looking through the old books. Some books are old as he is and some are fairly new. His favorite thing when he was younger was to collect books from the village him and dream lived by. "Astronomy? No to Spacey. Quantum physics? No to sciencey." He keeps mumbling to himself until he stumbles upon a purple book. "Darkness and Roses? I don't remember picking up a romantic 18+ novel. Maybe someone in the team brought it to the castle and Cross put it away for me. I have a bad habit of leaving books everywhere." He looks over the cover of the book and the info on the back. "Interesting. Now, where to read it at?" He thinks for a bit. "I don't know. I'll just go around my reading spots and see if it feels right." So Nightmare set out into the castle looking for the perfect spot.

He looks and looks and sits in all his spots and none felt right to him. "I can go into the team's rooms, though all are light sleepers. Well except Horror. I guess Horror's room it is then." He sets off to Horror's room. He quietly opens the door to sneak in.

"Hmmmm where at?" He looks around the room and tried a couple of spots. "None of these are good. " he looks at the sleeping Horror and decides to wake him up. "Horror wake up."

Horror wakes up looking at Nightmare looming above him. In a tiered mumble, he said "What's up boss?" He rubs his sockets trying to wake up more.

"Sit up." Nightmare demanded while he gets on Horror's bed. Horror did as said and sits up as he watches Nightmare sit in his lap.

Horror looks at the time. "Boss it is 3 am."

Nightmare starts reading the book. "Nighttime is the best time to read in my opinion."

"But do you have to sit in my l-" Horror gets cut off by Nightmare.

"Throne," he turns the page still reading. "Yes, I do. It is the best reading spot."

Horror was confused about why his boss would choose his lap as a seat. He looks down at Nightmare and noticed Nightmare is only wearing boxers and a T-shirt and he is only wearing boxers. Horror starts sweating with blush swept across his face. "I should get some clothes on."

"If you don't make it weird or perverted then it isn't. You are fine."

Horror looks away from him. "Ok sorry boss."

(Sorry that this is short and took longer to get out.)