Chapter 15

Unknown POV

I had done this for her and soon I would be able to go back to Earth away from the bitter devil. I had taken beatings after beatings. I hadn't known saving her would mean me getting some of her powers.

Sometimes when the pain of sprouting my new wings or the pain of being burned got bad enough I would regret saving her. But then I remembered her smile, how she wouldn't take sh*t from anyone and I knew the pain was worth it. I'd go to hell and back for her just to see her again.

The devil was pure evil, although he wasn't allowed to kill me or hurt me too badly, he did try. Thanks to her, the devil couldn't kill me and he had to return me back after 3 months. But that didn't mean he couldn't whip me with fire and torture me.

I hoped she was okay at least. I hoped she hadn't forgotten me. She'd lost so many and we hadn't known each other long. Something told me that she did remember me but she didn't know I had saved her. I felt sorry for her. She had lost everyone she had loved and now so have I. We were both broken.
••••••••••••••••••

Gabrielle's POV

I sat at the island bench and watched my new friends try to cook. Keyword being: Try. Summer had pancake batter smeared across her cheek, Will had water splashed on his shirt and Luke was laughing his head off.

Loki came in not long ago and sat beside me on a stool and we both just watched them fool around.

'You don't smile much', Loki says looking over at me.

'I'm not a happy person', I put it simply.

'Why?', He asks curiously as if trying to put pieces of a puzzle together.

I shrug and don't answer. How could I answer? I can't very well tell them that I'm Gabrielle Thompson who has supposedly died twice. How could I explain to them that I wasn't going to get attached due to me disappearing after I was finished my job? If only I had a simple life. If only I had parents, siblings, a mate and a happy unsophisticated life.

But no instead I was Gabrielle Thompson, The Silent Assassin, The Rampaging Rogue, the orphan.

************************************************************************************

If you haven't worked it out yet;

Unknown POV = the person who saved Gabrielle

Who do you think it is? Or who should it be?

Thanks for reading!!! Comment Follow Vote xx