Window Shopping

Guys! I'm finally posting a long chapter!! But yes, this one was so much fun to write. Also, there's a bit more Scömìche moments than there have been before so prepare yourselves...

Chapter 9

Window Shopping

January dragged, but February sped by as the release date drew nigh.

The Pentaholics grew impatient, but they still kept their word to not listen to the leaked songs. The group marveled at how mature their fans were being. If some other band's songs were leaked, the fans would be posting lyric videos within the hour, listening to them countless times. But the Pentaholics were lovely and understanding.

A few days before the official release of "Windows To Your Soul", Scott and Mitch decided to go ahead and film the new Superfruit episode since they come out on the same day: Tuesday.

Ryan came over with his trusty camera and filming began.

"Wanna hear our new song?" Mitch asks, raising his eyebrows. He and Scott open their mouths, then cut it off for the intro screen.

"Don't worry guys," Scott says. "You can still hear our new song 'Windows To Your Soul' because it comes out TODAY!" The duo screams in a pterodactyl manner.

"We've been waiting a while," Mitch adds. "And we had that big leak last month but y'all were so awesome and considerate, waiting for the official release and it's finally here!"

"And you can buy it here!" Scott says, pointing at a random spot for the annotation once the video was uploaded.

They grin at the camera.

"So, in celebration of our new single, 'Windows To Your Soul', we are going..." Mitch trails off so he and Scott could say in unison, "WINDOW SHOPPING!"

"We're gonna go around L.A. and just go to whatever store and hang out and see what kind of stuff that store has." Scott explains.

"It'll be super fun!" Mitch chimes, grinning that classic, heart-stopping grin.

"Yeah!" Scott replies. "Let's just go right now. Let's just do it."

"Where should we go first?" Mitch asks, putting on his jacket and grabbing his phone.

"Where do you wanna go?" Scott asks, putting on his jacket and a hat.

"Hollister?" Mitch offers.

"Why would we go to Hollister? It's all dark in there and it smells like man."

Mitch shrugs, laughing. "It was just a suggestion."

"OK, I have an idea. Let's go to a store where we won't get nyctophobia or migraines." Scott says.

"Yeah?" Mitch replies, biting his lip.

"Let's go to Hot Topic."

"Yeah, like that's any better." Mitch retorts, rolling his eyes.

Scott laughs. "It is! And we should go there. They have anime stuff there, don't they?"

Mitch tilts his head slightly to the left, raising his eyebrows. Scott mimicked him, trying not to laugh.

"Fine." Mitch complies, opening the door.

Scott pumps his fist. "Yes,"

******************************************************************************************

They were caught in traffic, though that's to be expected in such a big city. When they had first moved here, the constant horn honking and traffic jams drove them up the wall. They eventually acclimated to big city life and the road noises just went right over their heads.