Chapter 2: Strange Friendships

Ryou played on his phone as he ate his lunch peacefully. He had his earphones on so he couldn't hear anything outside. Not like anyone would talk to him. That is until he felt someone poke his shoulder. Ryou turned and saw Bakura and Malik smiling. Ryou gulped before he took off his earphones.

'Great more bullies.' "Um how did you find me?" Ryou asked.

"We asked around for a cute white haired guy." Malik winked.

"And they just so happened to point us in your direction." Bakura smirked.

"What do you want?" Ryou asked.

"Relax, we just want to talk." Bakura said as he and Malik sat down in front of Ryou.

"Um why?" Ryou looked at them confused.

"Well aren't you defensive." Malik chuckled, "So rumors are true you don't have friends."

Ryou was taken aback by that but looked away, "So?"

"Well how about being our friend?" Bakura smiled.

"No thank you. I like being alone." Ryou said.

"No one likes being alone. Come on it will be fun." Malik said.

"No thank you. I know about you two. You're both trouble makers." Ryou said.

"Now how would you know that?" Bakura asked, "Rumors?"

"Rumors and the fact that you guys are always fighting after school. Everyone knows who you two are." Ryou said.

"Hey Kura, that means we're famous." Malik nudged Bakura who snickered.

"Yeah we are." Bakura smiled. "But then again so are you." He looked at Ryou. "You're on the popular kid's black list."

Ryou just didn't look at him, "So? I've been on it for years. That's normal."

"Now even we aren't on the black list, so you must have done something." Malik said.

"I didn't do anything. They just don't like me. I don't know why." Ryou muttered. "So either way it's better to stay away from me. If they see you talking to me they'll add you to the list too."

"Is that a promise?" Bakura smirked.

Ryou looked at him surprised. "I-I don't know."

"Well we better hang out with you then. I always wanted to be in black list." Malik snickered.

"Yeah it's going to be fun." Bakura chuckled.

"I rather not get in more trouble with them. So please leave me alone." Ryou said as he started to put his lunch away.

"Ryou!" They heard Yugi yell at the doorway. Ryou gulped as he turned around to see Yugi standing there with his arms crossed. Next to him was Anzu who was snickering.

"Yugi." Ryou looked down.

Yugi and Anzu walked to him. "What's going on here?"

"Nothing." Ryou said.

"Clearly it's not nothing. I didn't know you were friends with them two." Yugi glared.

"I'm not. They just came here." Ryou said.

"Why would anyone willingly want to talk to you?" Anzu smirked. "I mean losers do attract each other but still you're the worst of the worst."

"So stop bugging him then." Malik said.

"You say no one is willing to talk to him yet here you are talking to him. No one is pointing a gun to your head. You can just ignore him." Bakura pointed it out.