Girls' Night Out

Lena shook the leaves out of her hair and took a defensive stance next to Webby. The bushes continued to ruffle and shake, but nothing had emerged from them yet.

The two had been fighting off the Beagle Boys all night, and they weren't about to give up, not when they were so close to their destination. They weren't going back to the junkyard for Ma Beagle to do whatever her twisted mind wanted with them; they would fight to the end.

Finally, after what felt like hours, something came out of the bushes.

On instinct, Lena yelled out and attacked only to be taken down with her hand held behind her back.

Webby, however, took a moment to realize she knew this yellow-clad duck. "Chloe! She's my friend, you can let her go!"

Chloe looked up from Lena over at Webby. She let go of Lena's arm and rushed over to Webby, scooping her up in a big hug. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick!"

"I'm fine," Webby replied, giggling. "I just went on a little adventure with Lena while the boys took the kayak out."

"Who's Lena?" Chloe asked, putting Webby down.

"That would be me," Lena answered, clearing her throat. "And who are you supposed to be?"

"Oh, um, I'm..." Chloe stuttered, realizing this was the girl whose arm she'd nearly broken.

"Lena, this is Chloe Duck, my big sister!" Webby happily answered.

Chloe nervously held her hand out. "Sorry for almost snapping your arm."

Lena raised an eyebrow but still shook Chloe's hand. "Sure, nice to meet you."

"Now, what exactly are you guys doing here?" Chloe asked, turning back to Webby. "The boys said they left you on the beach, which I'm going to give them a stern talking-to for."

"Oh! I picked up a distress letter that turned out to be a prank, and..." Webby began to explain before a noise sounded off in the park.

Lena quickly looked around and saw the slide had a fort at the top. "Up there!"

The three of them quickly ran up the slide and ducked under the walls just as three mime beagles entered the park. One used stilts, another used a tight black jumpsuit, and the third was big and looked like he had two faces on both sides of his body. The three of them climbed around the park jungle gyms, looking for the ducks they were after.

The radio Lena was holding buzzed.

"Tumblebums, the brats have been spotted in your turf. Bring them to me, and I'll have a happy birthday after all! Over and out!" the voice of Ma Beagle rang out.

Chloe rolled her eyes and looked over to Webby. "Why are the Beagle Boys after you? What exactly did you two get into?"

"We shoved their mom's face in a cake," Lena whispered nonchalantly.

"Wait, really?" Chloe snickered.

Lena groaned. "Yes, try to keep up, banana girl!"

"Hey!" Chloe whispered loudly as she began to stand up.

"Girls! We need to work together to get out of here!" Webby insisted, holding Chloe's arm back.

Chloe sighed. "You're right. I'm gonna call the boys and tell them to get to the manor."

She picked up her phone and dialed Louie's number. After ringing three times without an answer, Chloe tried Huey, then Dewey, getting the same result every time.

"Maybe they don't have any reception," Webby suggested, shrugging her shoulders. "Dewey tends to get really caught up in whatever he's doing, so he probably just ignored it anyway."