Family (but not really)

Chloe lovers, get ready to cry

"Phone?" 

"Check."

"Wallet?"

"Uh, check."

"Sunscreen?"

"It's the middle of February."

"Crutches?"

Chloe simply gave her younger brother a blank stare instead of answering.

"What? It never hurts to be prepared," Huey said.

"I've been off crutches for weeks now," Chloe replied. "I think I'll be fine."

Dewey jumped down from the top bunk next to Chloe and gave her a side hug. "Darn right she will. Chloe Duck, finally back in action, alongside her estranged mother, the one and only, Della Duck!"

Chloe sighed and smiled, rubbing his head. "Dew, we're going for lunch and to get some new clothes for you guys. The most 'action' we'll see is Uncle Scrooge overreacting at the price when we get back."

"Speaking of which, make sure you spring for the hoodie with the shorter sleeves. No offense, but these keep getting all dirty and stuff," Louie called from his bed.

Rolling her eyes playfully, Chloe shook her head and crossed her arms. "You know, you could always come with-"

"Hard pass!" he interrupted. "Yeah, no, shopping with a teenage girl and her mother, for clothes of all things, not exactly at the top of my bucket list."

"Aw, what's wrong? You don't love your big sister?" Chloe asked, jumping into the bed next to him.

Louie immediately tried to push her away and get away, but Chloe simply lay down on him, wrapping one of her arms around his body.

"Ah! No! Too much affection!" he cried out, struggling in Chloe's grip. 

The door to the room opened, and Webby entered. "Hey, Chloe, Della wants to know if you're- Oh! Are we torturing Louie with love again? I want in!"

Webby quickly jumped on top of Louie, wrapping him up in the biggest hug she could in the position she was in, followed by Huey and Dewey trying their hand at counter attack against the girls. The debacle ended in nothing but laughs and smiles, and also the triplets at the total mercy of Chloe and Webby in the form of being pinned to the ground by crushing hugs.

"Alight, alright," Chloe said, getting up and dusting herself off. "I guess I should get going. Don't wanna keep Dell- Mom waiting."

"You guys have fun! And remember, short sleeves," Louie reminded.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Chloe replied, facing the door. She lifted her hand to open it again, but couldn't bring herself reach for the knob. "Uh... you guys are smart. Why am I so nervous about this?"

"Maybe it's because when Della got back, you- Wait a second, that's a rhetorical question, right?" Webby asked.

Chloe giggled a little despite herself. "I guess hanging around Lena so much paid off after all."

Louie grunted and stretched as he got out from under Webby. "For what it's worth, I am kinda glad you and Mom are putting your differences aside."

"They're not... differences, just... personal issues," Chloe defended. "A-And we're past that now! Really, we're... good, great even!"

<p>Huey shifted his head to look at his big sister. "Are you trying to convince us or yourself?"

"I don't even know anymore..." Chloe replied dejectedly, her shoulders dropping.