Chapter 1

I let out heavy breathes as I stood in front of the large building. There were intricate designs of different weapons scattered on the columns at the top of the steps. My eyes followed the columns up to the sign; the design of two crossed swords was the background of the bold writing which read, 'Warriors' Guild.' My heart raced, and I looked to my left to see Izuku trying to catch his breath as well as he studied the building.

"We've come here so many times yet, and this one feels so different." I nod my head in agreement with him and stare at the large doors at the top of the steps, "This time, we're actually going to see what it's like on the inside." I feel his arm rest on my shoulder as he lets out a sigh of content, "By the way, I obviously won the race so enjoy getting me a honey roll after all this." I scoff and glare at him, "I was hoping you'd forget about that." He flashes me a smile and starts to make his way up the steps, "I never forget when a honey roll is involved." I follow him up the steps and let out a shaky breath.

"On three?" He nods his head and grabs one of the wooden doors iron handles as I do the same.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!" We pull the doors open simultaneously and are hit with the strong smells of fire, mead, and metal.

As my eyes adjust from the bright outside to the darker room, I see a large fire pit down a level with two long tables on opposing sides of it. I blink and glance around the large room to see armor adorning the muscular bodies of both men and women, some with swords sheathed or axes on their backs. The once open doors behind us close quickly, causing us to jump at the sudden loud noise.

"So, we got some kids wanting to be new members?" A booming voice is heard, and I whip my head around to see a guy, not much older than me, with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I nod my head as I study him for a moment. His blonde hair is slightly longer in the back, and his arms have a few scars scattered on them. He's a bit taller than Izuku and me, but he studies us with those hopeful blue eyes.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya!" My attention is brought from the guy in front of us to Izuku next to me, who bows his head slightly. I panic and bow my head as well, "And I'm (Y/N) (L/N)!" We stare at the ground for a moment before laughter erupts from in front of us. I toss my head back up to see the blonde clutching his chest as he laughs.

"I didn't mean to intimidate you two that much!" His laughs calm down as the boy next to me, and I let out awkward chuckles, "It's Mirio Togata, by the way!" He sticks a hand out to Izuku, and he cautiously grabs the taller boy's hand but shakes it firmly. After Izuku, a hand is put in front of me, and I quickly grab his hand and shake it confidently.

"Mirio, who are these two? They're so cute!" I hear another higher-pitched and curious voice makes it's way over to us. In a flash, there's a girl at the blonde's side tilting her head at Izuku and me curiously. Her long periwinkle hair reaches down to her knees, and her soft blue eyes meet my (e/c) ones for a moment, and she jumps up.

"They wanna join, don't they?! Oh, I hope they do; they're so cute!" She grabs onto Mirio's arm as he lets out a slight chuckle, "Yes, they do wanna join. This is Izuku and (Y/N)." He gestures to the both of us, and we wave at the girl, "Oooo! Oh, oh, I'm Nejire Hado!" She shakes both our hands like Mirio did and sighs excitedly. As she shakes my hand vigorously, I follow her arm up to her face and realize she's a touch shorter than Izuku and me. Much like Mirio, she has a few scars on her arms.  "You two have to meet Tamaki!" She runs off but appears back at Mirio's side, dragging a new boy next to her.

"N-Nejire, please don't make me." He has a soft voice that is barely audible and laced with anxiety. Nejire tugs him to stand in between her and Mirio, and he is quick to look at the ground nervously, "I'm uh (Y/N), and this is Izuku." I gesture to Izuku, and he flashes a bright smile as the new boy in front of us lifts his head and panics slightly, trying not to make eye contact. His dark blue eyes look everywhere but our faces, "I'm uh Tamaki Amajiki..." He introduces himself in a nervous whisper and looks down, causing his indigo hair to cover his face. I study him and notice he's a touch shorter than Mirio but still taller than me. Again, like the two next to him, he has scars scattered about his visible arms.