Chapter 3

<Wyatt Knots POV>

Opening the front door Regan stood smiling, "Hey, let's go." He said ready to go to the store for Pocky.

"Umm, can we talk first?" I asked nervously.

"Oh sure, what about?" He asked, but this was a big discussion, "Can we talk inside? It's kinda important." I said.

"Alright?" He said smiling kinda curiously.

We went inside and passed my mom, she looked at us before going back to the TV. Quietly we went into my room and I sat at my desk.

"So what's up?" He asked sitting on the bed.

Taking a deep breath I started at my best friend, "I...I like boys." I said, looking at the floor.

"What?" He said, confused by my statement.

"I like boys Regan." I said looking up at him and he seemed to take a moment to register what I said.

"I don't understand." He said, still confused.

"I'm gay, Regan." I said clearly this time, wanting to get it over with.

"You like boys?" He asked, wanting more clarification.

"Yes Regan. I like boys, I'm...gay." I said hoping he got the idea now.

Once again he took a second to take in what I said, "Do you like me?" He asked suddenly looking at me, a bit oddly.

"Well...no and yes." I said not knowing how to explain it.

It started out as a crush in 8th grade but then it changed into something of a habit. A habit to keep going back to the game to get some kind of pleasure.

"What does that mean?" He asked, not understanding what I said.

"I had a crush on you, but it stopped a while back...mostly." I explained my foot scraping against the floor.

"Mostly, well what the hell does that mean?" He asked, starting to get angry at my answers.

"I kept playing the game because I liked kissing you!" I finally said and I was embarrassed about how I exploded.

"So what, do you like...get off on me?" He asked, slightly disgusted.

"No! I...don't. The game was nice to me, so I kept playing." I said trying to defend myself.

"Why are you telling me now?" Regan asked, looking kinda awkward.

"It felt like I was using you when I figured it out. So it finally piled up and I needed to tell you." I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

"I have to go." He said standing up and I felt a rock in my throat, "Wait Regan, please." I said, trying not to choke.

"I'll see you later Wyatt." He said leaving and I stayed in my room. Holding my mouth shut to keep in a cry I took deep breaths through my nose.

After a few minutes I got up and went to the living room where my mom was, "Wyatt?" She said looking at me.

"Oh sweetie, what happened?" She said sympathetically.

Going over to her I sat beside mom and leaned into her. I just started crying to her and she held me.

Mom let me cry it out until I was left with sniffling, "Do you wanna talk about it Wyatt?" Mom asked, stroking my head.

"Mom...how do you feel about the LGBT?" I asked quietly.

"I think it's a fantastic thing, I wish I knew what it was growing up." She said and I tried not to think into what she said.