Epilogue

Jumoke walked into the hospital, she had been uncomfortable all day at school so she begged Aunt Joke to let her go see Kelly. She walked into the room where Kelly was supposed to be and it was empty. Her heart started to beat fast, she turned around immediately and saw a nurse walking past. She stopped her and asked of Kelly's whereabouts.
"He's dark skinned, he used to have very full hair" she tried explaining to the nurse "He had been a patient in this hospital for a long time"
Suddenly the nurse caught up with her explanation and opened her mouth to break the news to her. Then she closed it and breathed in, how was she going to break this news to her?
"You see, he passed away last night" she said and hoped Jumoke wasn't as dramatic as most Nigerians who would end up dragging her clothes and harassing her.
"I don't understand" she replied instead, her voice breaking "He was here last night. We were even talking sef"
"He's dead" Angel's voice said from behind her and she turned to see Angel staring at her with red eyes. She just stared at her, trying to process what the both of them were trying to say. Her brain was failing her, she didn't know what was going on.
"Come let me take you home"  Angel said and Jumoke quietly followed her to her car and they both got in. Angel stared at her as she drove. She was just staring blankly into space, she was still in shock mode. She sighed and tried to focus on the road. She drove past her house and Jumoke looked out the window to see the bougainvillea tree they had planted together. Green leaves had started to sprout from beneath the surface of the earth. That's when realisation hit her, she would never see him again.