6. Mio Cuore

Michael kissed a line over her shoulder as his hands slipped the smooth, silky fabric over Delia's thighs. Her legs pinched around him, and she shuddered as she let her head fall to the side, inviting his mouth to taste more of her skin.

Before meeting Delia, Michael was a man of few words and one more of action. It was the same in bed—well, mostly, but he was practically a babbling brook sometimes as he admitted to her everything he saw as it stretched out before him. Their life together, a future, children, how much he needed her. He always been able to say so much with so little, so it was a little overwhelming when he blessed her with his thoughts in bed.

It would not be the same tonight. His dominance forbid anything else unless it was a tight-jawed command.

"Like this," he murmured against her skin. "Always."

One- or two-word phrases, punctuated with lusty grunts and heavy, rasping breaths that heated her up from her core on out.

"Michael." Delia too was never much of a talker in bed, but when he graced her with growled words and the dark seduction of his eyes lancing hers, she shivered, quaked...

And she found she had to say something.

"Please," she whispered against him. "I need you in me."

He flipped them but drew away, his breath trailing down between her collarbones, through the valley of her breasts, over the bare, cool flesh of her stomach, still tanned even after the change to vampire. He spread her thighs wide slowly. He liked change in his lovemaking, and it was to be the tortured, soft and slow pace that he loved to tease her with tonight. He blew hot air against her dripping sex, letting it wash over her in a tumble of wracking shivers that slid across her skin in crashing waves.

Delia reached for him, but came up short as he pulled away. Michael grinned up at her, amused by the pinched scowl on her face. When she moved to sit up to grab onto him, her thighs closed, but Michael pinned them to the bed as he surged over her body to kiss her on the lips.

"Patience, cara, or I won't let you come."

She blew out an exasperated breath and leaned back, her legs shifting and opening as Michael's hands splayed across the creamy flesh. He licked once, enough to tease, and felt her muscles tense as she struggled to resist closing them.

"Michael!"

He chuckled before closing his lips over her clit, going from light licks to harsh sucks, watched as the quivering flesh of her tummy tightened at every deep suck.

"Fuck!"

"In a minute. First, taste. Riassaporare."

He went back to sucking at her, spinning her higher and higher until her hands pushed through his hair and long nails scraped at his scalp. He groaned into her flesh, taking lingering laps at her skin as she grew wetter beneath his hungry mouth.

His hands curled around her legs, stroking against skin that felt like velvet and drawing them over his shoulders to feast deeper. Every hot breath and greedy nibble of her flesh stoked the flames higher, and her hips rocked against him, seeking a release he was denying her with his goading strokes and the tempting circle of his tongue.

He tempered the light touches with ravenous lashes, making her whimper as her she lifted her pelvis to his mouth, begging for the frustration to cease.

"Mi-Michael," she panted. "Please—oh, fuck!"

He continued to torment her, edging her until the world flipped around on her and the world tilted on its axis. Her head swinging back and forth against her pillow as she begged him.