Truth or Dare (Jalex)

I wrote this over the summer for somebody, I don't remember who. If it was you, then hi! haha. I posted it on my twitter, but that was about it. They gave me everything and I just made it happen. I found it and thought it was cute and wanted to share.

-----------------

"Oh god, here he comes." Jack Barakat groaned, turning around to face, more like shove his head inside of his locker.

"Who Alex?" His friend, Rian Dawson, asked craning his neck in the direction Jack had just been looking.

"Yep." Jack's voice came out of his locker hiding spot sounding hollow. "Is he coming our way?" he questioned the older boy next to him.

Rian shook his head. "No, maybe, yeah." He answered with complete honesty. "Look, why don't you just tell him."

It was no secret, except to maybe Alex, that Jack had a crush on him. Although he hid it well from a lot of people, Rian knew better. Jack and Alex had been friends for at least two years and since they had met, Jack had been so in love with the slightly older boy. He'd never tell him of course! Why would be bother? Alex had girlfriend after girlfriend and clearly had no time or interest in Jack. Not the way Jack wanted anyway.

Besides, Jack too had a girlfriend, Sasha. She was cute and a lot of fun, but Jack had no real interest or feelings for her. He kept her because he thought having a girlfriend might help get his mind off of Alex. The only problem was, every time he and Sasha went anywhere or did anything Jack found himself wishing she was Alex. One night Jack and Rian had conned Jack's older brother into giving them a case of beer, Jack had spilled his heart out to Rian, ever since then Rian had been pushing him to just go for it but it wasn't that easy.

"Because...." Jack whined, stamping his foot like a small child. "I just..." he cut himself off hearing the voice of his best friend, Alex Gaskarth.

"Uh, why is your head in there you dick?" Alex asked slapping Jack on the back, poking his head in the locker over top of the taller and younger boy's.

Jack didn't know how to answer, so he simply pulled back causing Alex to move as well. God, he couldn't take being that close to Alex for another second. He could hear Rian laughing, as Alex waited for some kind of an answer.

"Uh, just trying to catch a nap." Jack answered with a laugh.

"Okay." Alex nodded, his coffee coloured hair falling in his eyes. Brushing his hair out of the way, he grinned at his two best friends. "So, tonight, Zack's folks are going away." He announced the joyous news which he had just received from their other best friend. "You know what that means?"

"Oh yeah!" Rian smiled nodding in approval.

"Guys, I don't know, I mean the last time we had a party there Mrs. Merrick threatened to kill us all if we ever tried it again!" Jack said with a hint of fear in his voice.

"Come on Barakat! Don't be such a pussy." Alex smirked hitting Jack in the arm playfully. "We'll meet at Zack's place around nine. Can your brother get us some booze, Jack?"

"I'll talk to him." Jack replied feeling unsure of this whole idea.

"Great! Until tonight gentlemen." Alex nodded with a wave, before making his way down the hall to his next class.

Waving goodbye to Jack, Rian took off for his next class as well. Standing alone in the hallway of the school, Jack groaned and banged his locker door shut. This was going to be a long afternoon!

History class seemed to take forever. Math class was never ending. French class, Jack's last class of the day wasn't too bad mostly because he sat next to Rian and they goofed off the entire period. The second the final bell of the day rang, Jack rushed to his locker and then out of the building. Jack was home long enough to talk his brother into buying him some liquor for Zack's party and then gone again. Getting a ride from his brother, he kept thinking about the horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach.