Chapter 13.

Namjoon's POV

It's been 3 years since that night.

The night I thought I won something but instead lost something way more bigger than that.

No matter where I tried to search for her I couldn't find her.

I begged in front of Jimin and hell even asked Yeonjun for his help who was apparently very distraught by the news and truly did love her as his little sister.

He confessed that he found it odd that his parents adopted a twelve year old girl but for the first time in his life he felt happy as saw the little girl hug him and stay by his side every day. He said that now he thinks about it that she always tried to stay hidden behind him and didn't even talk much when his parents were around.

He did vow that he would help her and protect her but somewhere along the way he forgot his promise he made leaving her to fend for herself.

He didn't even mind me being a part of the company and apologised to me on behalf of his parents. I forgave him since he technically was innocent in all of this and now the past's behind us. I helped him stand back on his feet and we run the company together peacefully. There's just no peace in my life.

Every day I enter my house I hope to see her sitting on the couch waiting for me and finally we could be together. I just went on with my life and kept myself busy with more and more work, didn't sleep nice nor ate properly. I know she wouldn't be too happy about all of this but to make me stop all of this she has to be here.

I sigh as I get up and get ready for another day in my life, I was going to Milan today for the week to attend some business matters. Jin hyung was opening an another new hotel and since I deal with the business side of things I have to finalize all the deals before he goes and starts his own thing.

I don't know why but I get this feeling that something's going to happen soon when my flight lands and I make my way outside where a driver is standing by waiting to pick me up.

The two days I've been here went by in just meetings, I call hyung up to tell him about the progress so far and instead I end up getting lectured.

"Yah Namjoon go out tomorrow and see the city I know you don't have anything scheduled. I swear if I got to know you're sulking around in the room I'll personally make sure someone kicks your ass straight." One thing I should tell you is that if hyung ever threatens someone like this he's not joking, whatever he says will happen.

I tell him fine and bid him good night, that feeling resurfing in my heart that something big was going to happen soon. Shrugging I try to sleep and I do succeed this time.

I get dressed and head out to explore this beautiful city. I end up at the fashion square where all the big designers have their showrooms.  I was about to enter one when a kid bumps into me.

I freeze as soon as I look at the child, she looks like an exact copy of her. I crouch down to see the little girl who was crying that she's lost and couldn't find her mom.

I wipe her tears off and tell her to calm down as I will help her find her, she nods and extends her arms out signaling she wanted to be picked up. I pick her up gently and ask her where did she her mom last and she just shakes her head. I look around for someone looking for their child until I spot her frantically searching with a scared look on her face.

My heart's beating so fast as I quickly make my towards her and tap on her shoulder. Her eyes meet mine and we both freeze until the little girl starts to call out to her grabbing her attention. She reaches out and takes her kid from me making me realise that she had a child now which means she's moved on and must be married.

"Thank you Namjoon for finding Minnie. I don't how she got out of my sight." Veronika says in a quiet voice. Although I feel my heart break into two, I offer her a little smile and ask her they would join me for a coffee.

I see her hesitating until she sighs but nods, happy with just a meeting over coffee I lead the two girls into a café and ask what would they like. I order for all of us and sit in front of her.

For a minute we both don't speak anything until I break the silence and ask how has she been, was she okay now? I needed to know.

She smiles and tell me that she's fine and doing well now and asks me about me to which I replied honestly with how I really have been. She drops her head and say sorry but again tells me that she needed time and then she had Minnie so she couldn't come back to Seoul until now.

"So you married now? Is Minnie's dad good to you? Does he have a good job? Tell me everything." I ask her trying to sound enthusiastic but I think I failed since the smile on her lips replaces it with a frown.

"Umm no I did not marry and sure Minnie's dad is nice and yes he has a good job but we both aren't together anymore." I clench my fists angry at the thought that another man broke her heart and left her with his child.

Minnie breaks the silence and asks if they could go home and Veronika nods picking the little girl up in her arms, she thanks me once again when I offer her to drop them home. I don't want to let her go so early now that I've found her.

Again I see hesitation in her eyes but I insist and take their shopping bags from her which she struggled to carry along with her daughter. Both of them settle in backseat since the car I had with me didn't really have kids seat. All the way I kept on glancing back at the two girls sitting more importantly her.

We reach and my heart drops seeing that this really would be the last time we would see each other. But she surprises me and asks if I would like to come in and I jump at the chance.