Chapter 2: Long Way

Hello all my lovelies, I haven't updated because I feel no one is reading :( so comment, vote, fan! thank yahh -Emily

Zayn’s POV

"Now remember Zayn, you call every other hour, text me when you go out & always tell me where you are & remember, I will be checking in on you every week so don’t forget!" my mum said. "muuummmm, I know! Didn’t we already go over this? I’ll be finee!".

I know she’ll be worried but I need this. Even if it does mean staying in the same town, I just need to get out of this house. But, see, here’s the thing, I’m not going to be spending this summer completely alone… but, my parents don’t know that.

My best friend, Louis, he’s going to be staying with me. If my parents found out, they’d freakk! But, that’s not the only secret I’m hiding from them………. it’s actually a huge secret in fact. No one knows about except Louis. Well here it is, I’m gay.

I know if I told anyone I would get bullied even worse than I do now & I could never deal with that, I’m not as strong some people may see me as. Plus if I told my parents, they would totally disown me & never speak to me again. & that can’t happen. I love my parents & would never want to hurt them, but you know, I just want to be happy too. But, I can’t think about that now. All I can think about is leaving, well sorta, and living free, kinda.

Today is the first day of summer & that means freedom here I come. I am so happy, I could just run & jump &… wow! I have so much energy! It must be because I’m going on vacationnnn! Yay!

I start to sing to myself & try to contain my excitement.

*****

"Sweetie, I trust you & I love you, just be careful". I chuckled a little at her saying she trusts me, haha sure! "I know mum, I love you too, I gotta go now though, I’ll see you soon!" and with that I was out the door.

My mum thinks I’m going to be driving myself so I get in my car but I drive to Louis’ house, he’s from Doncaster, in England but he recently moved to Bradford. I knock on his door; greeting his parents talking about how much fun we were going to have & of course, staying safe.

"LOUUUIIIISSSS!" I say hugging him, as he jumps down his stairs. I haven’t seen him in a while, but we still talk everyday. "Hey mate! You ready for the summer of your life?" he chuckles. We sit in his living room for about 10 minutes when Louis gives his parents a look which I didn’t see but I could tell what it meant because then his parents said "well, you boys have fun! Stay safe & call".

I knew he motioned his parents that we had to leave. We walk out of the house & with that we are speeding down the road headed for a summer of, as Louis said, my life.

Niall’s POV

Well today is finally the day. I am going to be leaving Mullingar for the first time in my life. It’s a lot to take in, but I’m actually pretty excited considering how nervous I am. I pack all my belongings. I talk to myself, thinking of my mental checklist.

"Shirts- check, pants- check, underwear- check, cardigans, scarves, hats- check, ohh & shoes.." I look around for my shoes & remember that I’m wearing them! what a dummy I am. "check" I say looking at my shoes.

My mum knocks on the door right as I zip up my suitcase & says "Honey, we gotta go! Your flights at 6 and it’s already 5! We still have to drive to the airport!" I nod my head, smile at her, grab my things and jump in the car. She seems nervous, since she’s speeding down the road making sure we get to the airport in time.

Finally, we get there and wait. And wait. And wait. I look to my mum and say "wow you would think this airport would be better with the time" she smiles at me and gives me a long hug. Oh how I’m going to miss her. After all, she was the one to give birth to me... Haha.

I smile at her and hug her back. It seemed like 5 seconds but I’m guessing it was minutes because then we heard "flight 109, all boarding to Bradford, England." I hugged her even tighter. I didn’t want to let go. She has been with me for everything & now, she won’t be.

I’m going to be on my own for the first time. We finally let go from the embrace and I pick up my things. I slowly start to walk away, wiping the tears falling from my eyes. I look back one last time & smile. I mouth the words "I love you mum."

I get onto the plane & I seem to be one of the first ones on so I find my seat, and take the window. I’ve never been on a plane before, but, I’ve seen movies & the window seat seems to be the best. Another 10 minutes goes by & I hear over the speaker "flight 109 will now be taking off. I instruct all passengers to please put on their seatbelts & we will be off."

I do as I am told & look next to me. I carefully examine my plane buddy as I call it since we are sitting next to each other. He looks almost as nervous as I am.

He has beautiful green eyes, messy curly brown hair & is wearing a jack Wills shirt with a pair of denim jeans & some Converse. I seem to be zoned out & that’s when I hear his voice.

"ermm, hi… I’m Harry.." as soon as I hear this I snap back to reality. He must have caught me staring at him. Shit! I quickly turn away & start fiddling with the hems of my shirt. I see him out of the corner of his eye & he has a sort of shocked face on. I have a feeling this is going to be a loooong ride.