liking him

When I was in high school the person I had fallen in love with, was quiet shocking for anyone I had told. I had fallen in love with my best friend Jihoon. My friend Jihoon and I are both boys and I knew nothing would work out between us, but why did I have those feelings for him? My heart was deciding things on its own and I had no clue on what road to take.

Jihoon and I were childhood friends, so I always asked myself why I thought of him in this way. I would catch myself staring at him during class, and thinking about him even on my own time. I had liked other men before, but it went to an extent where I started liking my best friend.

Jihoon was an important friend to me and still is. He always took care of me when I was hurting, and always listened to what I had to say, maybe that's the reason I liked him the way I did. I started noticing that when he smiled, he would turn his head away to hide it, and when he laugehd he would clap his hands and move his whole body around like crazy. I started noticing things about Jihoon that I never noticed before.

Every second of the day I would be thinking about Jihoon and how I should act around him the next day. I had never done this before, but once I started liking Jihoon I started taking caution on everything I did around him. I tried hiding my liking for Jihoon, away from him... away from the world. I would have rather been friends with him, having normal conversation, talking about the normal things, rather than confess and have things get awkward between us.

Even if I had confessed to Jihoon I would have been heart broken because he had never thought of me as anything else other than a good friend. Jihoon would always talk about the girls in our class, and the person he had a crush on which made me feel smaller and smaller, getting further away from Jihoon every single day.

It would break my heart little by little, piece by piece because I knew I would never be that special someone, in Jihoon's eyes.