iii.

He looked to see someone smiling upon him.

"I may have been born just to meet you."

Kaworu...

Hues of pink crept on his cheeks, stretching across the bridge of his nose.

"W-what?!" He stammered.

"..cute"

"K-Kaworu!!" Shinji yelled, pitch of his voice raising a few octaves, covering his face with his hands. From the blush that was spreading across his whole face.

Kaworu smiled brightly and held his hand out, for Shinji to grab.

"Do you want to go to the beach, Shinji-kun?" Kaworu asked, as Shinji grabbed his hand and Kaworu pulled him up.

Dusting his pants, Shinji paused, "Are we swimming?"

"Just for a walk and lunch, it's a bit cold to go swimming."

"Okay, let's go then"
---
Shinji and Kaworu took the bus to the beach, bringing food along to eat there.

Sitting on the window side, Shinji was observing the scenery, he felt relaxed and content. Kaworu looked over at Shinji, smiling at how relaxed he was.

He's never relaxed, and it's good to see him happy.
---
They arrived at the beach half an hour later, Kaworu slightly pushing Shinji after he fell asleep for a nap.

"We're here?" He slurred, with half lidded eyes.

"Yes, we're here," he smiled gently, his hand placed on Shinji's shoulder, "Let's go."

As the bus halted at the bus stop, Shinji and Kaworu left the bus together, bags slung over their shoulder as they both thanked the driver. Stepping out of the bus, they headed towards the beach, as the cool sea breeze blew past them.

The sand shifted under their feet with each step they took, heading towards the harder wooden surface of the pier to sit down and eat their food.
---
They sat next to each other on the edge of the pier, legs dangling off the edge with sandwiches clutched in their hands.

Both of them quietly watched the ripples of the waves and took small bites of their food, Shinji looked forward.

"Kaworu,"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think one can still run," he started, Kaworu focused on him, tilting his head to the side, "Do you think one can still run, while standing still?" He swayed his legs a bit, nearly touching the water beneath.

Kaworu smiled slightly as he slowly turned his head towards Shinji.

"Perhaps," is all he replies, before he slowly leans in towards Shinji's face and kisses him on the lips softly, leaving a blushing mess in front of him after.

"..perhaps they can." He finishes.