Chapter 38) Shot Off Into the Ocean

KateSeleneMelody3OCs

Captain Barnacles POV:

What?!

Maybe I was a bit slow right now, but when those three words seemed to boom from the sky, I froze.

"Little sis?" I asked, looking at Selene with confusion in my eyes.

Selene had grown up in an orphanage. The only family she had was from connections from he previous marriage with Lupo.

At least, that's what she had told me.

My co-captain sighed. "Stephan, look. Don't think this is a family reunion or something, because it's not. We are both just doing our jobs."

A male white wolf leaped from one of the ships. "You've made that very clear." He replied, a bit of amusement in his eyes. Along with something else I couldn't quite identify.

"So, you need help catching a certain Lupo Wolf?" he asked. I shook my head.

"We've actually caught him already, but thank you for the offer." I replied. "But who exactly are you?" I asked.

The white wolf held his paw out to me. "Stephan Lycanth, at your service. Can you show me the prisoner? I'd ask Selene to do it, but i feel she wouldn't want to be alone with me."

I nodded, albeit confused, and showed him to the storage locker that Lupo was locked in. He immediately pulled out a taser.

"Open the door, will ya Captain Barnacles?" He asked. As soon as I did, Stephan fired the taser and Lupo fell to the floor, unconscious. More people, I assumed from one of the ships, came to pull him away. "He's going to be locked away for a lifetime." the white wolf explained.

"Mind explaining a few things to me?" I asked. Immediately, an expression of shame morphed on his face. "As far as I was aware, Selene didn't have any living relatives." I explained.

"And as far as she was aware until about a few days ago, she didn't." He replied. "The director found out about her connection to these villains, and had me call her. It was the first time any of our family has spoken to her in years. Needless to say, she was not very happy. But now, you guys need our help, and she asked for it." He replied quickly, not even letting me ask.

I was tempted to yell at him right then, for abandoning her. But at the same time, I was proud of my co-captain, and girlfriend. It wasn't easy to admit you needed help, and to ask people who you didn't quite get along with for aid, to put your pride behind you like that?

That took courage.

I followed Stephen out of the plane, and immediately went over to Selene. There was guilt in her chestnut eyes.

"I should have told you before now." She murmured.

"I understand why you didn't." I replied gently.

She sighed, then cleared her throat, obviously not wanting to talk about this right now.

That was okay. When she was ready, I would be there for her.

"They could maybe help us find them." She stated. I nodded. "But for now, we need to rest." I said. "We'll head back to the Octopod, help Shellington get better, and then, we'll track them all down."

She nodded, giving me a little half smile. "As long as we don't waste a second after." She replied. "Most of us aren't hurt like last time, so it shouldn't take too long. Not as long as last time, no doubt."

I hated how long it took to get a good team to return to the Isle of Fear, how we had spent so much time recovering, we couldn't rescue Christian until two months later.