19

Wandering the halls of Gracefield orphanage (y/n) glanced outside of the wooden window which was stained with bright colours of window colours

Wandering the halls of Gracefield orphanage (y/n) glanced outside of the wooden window which was stained with bright colours of window colours. Different shapes and forms were chaotically splashed all around the window.

Some of these little paintings were Placed down by her fellow siblings Phil or sherry. Even Anna had a lot of fun with the colorful pallet just drawing away whatever she felt like. But a few of the paintings she recognized were always there. She grew up with some.

After a while now the (h/c) haired girl figured that these paintings were the ones of past cattle children that had been shipped off. Looking further down, she noticed a little bunny in the corner of the window.

"Conny..", (y/n) remembers the day she taught the little blonde girl how to paint with window colours. "I'm sorry", she whisperes, lightly touching the pink bunny sitting on the glass.

Letting her head hang, (y/n) thought about all of the countless children mama had brought to those monsters that were ruling the world they were living in. While remembering all of her lost siblings, the little girl failed to notice heavier footsteps than a child's just behind her, approaching her in a slow and careful yet dangerous manner.

A warm hand slid on to (y/n)s shoulder which was her moment of realization someone had crept up on her.

Jumping out of her skin, she quickly looked up to meet the pair of eyes to whom it belonged and pretty surprisingly, they were Isabellas.

Even though (y/n) had expected the lady's eyes to be stone cold it wasn't the case here at all: "Mama!", she stutters under her breath, completely in shock. Just who would be there to safe her, what's going on??

"Hello (y/n)-", the mid 30s woman exclaimed with a soft smile in her lips, looking down at the girl she was holding on to, "I was looking everywhere for you. Care to accompany me?"

Was the Girl in trouble? What's going on? Did mom find out? Does she want to discuss about her being shipped out? Question over questions started to form as (y/n) felt the warm and gentle hand of mama sliding from her shoulder, to her elbow, down to her arm and finally taking the younger girls hand into hers.

"Now if you'd be so kind and follow me, darling", Isabella only smiled, never once letting a glint of malice show from her seemingly kind lilac eyes. The woman started guiding the girl down the hall, reluctantly she followed behind.

(Y/n) didn't want to seem suspicious, like she didn't want to go along her mama. She tried for Isabella not to drag her all too much, not wanting to cause any more unnecessary attention. Anxiously she walked along Isabella, meeting her little sibling Phil along the way who only gave both a confused look after (Y/n) smiled reassuringly.

Picking up on his usual habit of biting on his pointing finger, Phil started to think, though shrugged it off and run away. The girl sighed in relief, though it was only call before the storm, she thought, at least her siblings don't know and have to bear the burden.

After a while of walking, they came across the halls stairway, only to hear footsteps running those down. Surprised (y/n) stood still to see who was running down the stairs in such a hurry at this time of the day. In the process, Isabella noticed no movements of the girl she wanted to talk to, looked back at her and saw the helpless expression of the girl.

Her (e/c) orbs wide in desperation, brows furrowed. Isabella followed her gaze and when she was met with furious blue-grey orbs, she had to smile widely and giggle.

"Oh hello Ray.", looking up with an amused gaze, she mocked the onyx haired boy, "didn't you have already enough time with me today? It's (y/n) turn to play now."

Having had a discussion with Isabella about the intel, he had gathered, a few moments ago, he recalled how he had mentioned (y/n) name. He didn't tell anything about her involvement, but he was sure sister Krone had already enough evidence to have convinced mama.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her."
He remembers,

"Or what?"

That's right: or what? Just what could he possibly do?

"What are you doing.", Ray spoke in a low tone, carefully picking his wordings. It was less of a question but more of a demand of her to tell.

"Oh don't worry Ray, little (Y/n) is not in trouble.", her sadistic amusement fading and turning into a soft smile, she turned to (y/n): "Right?", turning back around facing the front, Isabella opened the door which was located besides the staircase, "Now if you'd excuse us."

Before the door completely closed shut and (y/n) being dragged into Mamas office, she managed to only yelp Rays name one last time before it had closed.

Isabellas smile didnt falter, she only gone up to a stool by positioned it for (y/n) to make her feel a little bit more comfortable: "Have a seat, darling."
The girl hesitated for a few moments, fiddling with the hem of her Cardigan as she took slow and cautious steps towards the stool with red cushions.

Mama sat down at her office desk, intertwining her fingers and resting her chin on her palms, looking at the nervous girl through half-lidded eyes.

It was like a predator gazing down at his prey, ready to strike. (Y/n) continued to fiddle with her Cardigan ever so slightly switching to her thumbs, anxious of what to come next.

Isabella only started to giggle, "You look so cute when you're nervous, (y/n)"

At the statement the girl began to blush a deep shade of red, not thinking it would start like this: "what.. what do you mean, mama..", she stuttered.

Shaking her head, Isabella looked back at her, "I've called you, to get you prepared, sweetheart."

"Prepare?"

"There has been a mistake when you had gotten here, (y/n). You weren't supposed to become a cattle child and we are deeply sorry for this mistake."

She wasn't supposed to become a cattle child? But what about the others? "Mother what do you mean I wasn't supposed to become a cattle child?"

"I'm sure you know about the secret already, my dearest. You're special, you weren't supposed to arrive at this place.", Isabella had sighed, "Nevertheless, I haven been assigned to prepare you for your departure.", noticing her shocked expression, Isabella had to laugh again,

"Let your fate be your surprise, but let me be your preparation."