01 | BLOOD & BRIDE

La Sagrada Familia Church, Barcelona, Spain 13 August 2021, Friday

13 August 2021, Friday

Golden Ornaments lined up on the walls and ceiling reverberating the sound produced by wine glasses that were clicking against each other, the sound accompanied by thousands of flashing cameras that were ready to capture every moment of such a grand wedding. The people were busy gossiping either about their own success or how the food was so good that they could eat it for the rest of their lives. The choir played slow music in the background that pretty much made the whole place seem like Cinderella's ballroom. 

Women in golden gowns and men in black tux had dominated the large space, waiting for the wedding ceremony to start. The paparazzi was making sure their cameras were recording everything. From the huge white cake which had less amount of sugar because the baker was in hurry, to the way the aisle was decorated with so many flowers of different colours. This wedding not just anticipated by the two families or their guests, but the whole South Korea.

It was not a normal wedding, It was the wedding of Korea's biggest jewellers' daughter, Lalisa Manoban with the business tycoon Ten Lee. Dating for around just 3 months, on 19th July, it was confirmed by KOREA'S NATIONAL NEWSPAPER, that they will be tying the knots soon. Ever since, the paparazzi has gone wild, trying to squeeze out every detail they can about the relationship.

Aran Manoban looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his tie as the corner of his eye spotted a tear slipping from his mother's eye."Mum, are you seriously crying again?" Aran asked, which seemed more like a statement. Putting on a pair of earrings, his mother answered, "My daughter is getting married, of course, I will tear up."

Engulfing his mother in a loose hug, the son tried to joke, "Mum, she is just getting married. She is not dying, okay? There is no need to cry"

"You don't know how emotional it is for a mother to see her daughter getting married," Mrs Manoban said, her voice muffled as she tried not to cry any more, or else her makeup which took four hours to be put on her face would be ruined.

Mrs Manoban pulled away, looking at herself in the mirror. Aran looked at the polaroid picture which lied on a cabinet, a picture of Ten and Lisa.  "Ten is a nice guy, he will keep our Lis happy," Aran cooed. That sentence brought a wave of positivity as Mrs Manoban faintly smiled. When Lisa told her family about her agreeing to Ten's wedding proposal, they didn't think twice before accepting it. After all, out of all the times, the family had met him, he had shown them that he is caring, charismatic and responsible.

But out of all the qualities he possessed, the thing that mattered the most to the family was that Ten was rich and had a good reputation in South Korea. Money mattered a lot to the Manobans. If you have money, they like you and if not, they will not even care about your existence. As they say, Money is the key.

The door opened soon after revealing a short, young lady. Her blue silk dress reaching up to her knees as her long brown hair fell on her shoulder, covering up her milky skin. Her eyes sparkled with excitement but in the corner of her eye tiredness was also clearly noticeable.