28 | WANT TO PLAY MASTERMIND

[ please note this entire chap is based on past events, with no activities taking place in the present ]

-THOSE TWO WEEKS- 

Kim Taehyung's private jet had landed in Seoul the day before, bringing an end to his stay in Thailand. The picture of Kim Yeonseok and Lisa was still flashing in his mind. And it wouldn't leave for any reason until Taehyung gets his answer. 

"Chaeryeon, can you please somehow distract Jennie? I was planning to surprise her by organising a stunning dinner at her house, it has been a while," he spoke to his assistant on call, sounding as real as natural. Maybe once he is done with this case, he can drop being a detective and get an acting role. 

The assistant couldn't question but agree to the request. 

Entering the house where Taehyung had spent considerable time in the past with the spare key Jennie provided him, he somewhere hoped that whatever he was thinking turns out to be false. Starting his search from the drawing-room, he had planned to search each and every room, each and every cabinet for hints and proofs. 

One hour passed, and zero clues found 

 Taehyung had scanned almost every room, except the closet. He didn't necessarily consider them essential, but with the last speck of hope that burnt like a flame inside the darkness of his heart, he walked inside the closet. 

Seven cupboards and fifteen drawers, filled with clothes, shoes and accessories. All made with mahogany, and a dim orange bulb lighting up the entire room.

Another forty minutes passed, and that's when he opened the last cupboard. When he pushed his hand inside it, he felt the texture of cardboard, weirdly enough. Immediately pulling it out of the dark cupboard. It was a medium-sized cardboard box, and was labelled 'Random.'

The sixth box which was stolen from Lisa's penthouse. 

Kneeling on the floor urgently, opening the box and going through the pictures, Taehyung found multiple pictures of Lisa and Yeonseok. "Jesus Christ," he murmured under his breath, before pushing all the coats that hung in the cupboard out, and then finding multiple things that would bring an end to this case for good. 

One newspaper clipping that talked about the "accident" that took place on the road, one that brought an end to Kim Hyunjae and Mikyoung's life. And in that article, the last line was underlined in red, "Coincidentally, one of the two victims, Kim Hyunjae lost his job the same day as well." 

A paper too was kept, in fact, a letter which stated that Kim Hyunjae was fired from Manoban Jewellers. The reason provided, inappropriate behaviour displayed by the employee.