Chapter 2: Prisoners

72 hours, 4320 minutes, 259,200 seconds. That's all I have. They're numbers that define...me. If anything could make me feel better it would be my best friend. Grace.
She knows me better than anyone. She's the only person that understands me. Except... She's a Jadeco. In Halcyon, people are only friends within their kingdom, because they're brothers and sisters. That goes with marriage too. Yeah... Kind of gross in a matter of speaking. Everyone just wants it that way so there's no confusion. It's reasonable, right? That's definitely not the way I see it! It's ridiculous to keep people separate because it's confusing. That's like keeping people in prisons, because they could get lost. Well, right now I'm breaking out, and going to the Halcyon library to go see Grace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before I walk into the library I see a homeless man on the street with a cup in his hand. He has a sign sitting next to him. "I refuse to Fight!"
People in Blaria grow up to be soldiers. If a person refuses to fight they are released and become homeless. Since they refuse to fight the government refuses to shelter them. We have to work for our being. I stare at him for a few seconds, and then carefully walk toward him. He's completely covered in dirt. A black thin blanket wraps around his fragile body. He looks up at me, and I see his cold gray eyes. I reach into my pocket and pull out a dime.
"I'm terribly sorry. It's all I have." I scammer, as I toss the dime into his cup. I turn away.
"Uh- I'm- ...... Thank you..." He said, as his eyes lit up in disbelief. "Why did you....? Why for me?" He stammered.
"Because....," I face him, "I don't believe in fighting. Violence is never the answer." I answer him. The corners of his lips curl up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I enter the library, and I see Grace sitting in a private room. I start towards the private room when a Blarian soldier stops me.
The tall ugly guard states, "Only guards and super officials can talk to prisoners."