Betrayal

The ground rushed out beneath her, and the landscape changed. She was in a cave, lit up eerily by flames burning inside chalk white skulls. Her arms were chained to the wall, and she saw a shadow creep out from behind a rock. Another one followed, and they morphed into her best friends. They stepped toward her, and she struggled against the grip of the chains. “You’re an idiot. You actually thought we were really your friends. Wow,Victoria, you’re soooo smart! A genius! A prodigy!” They sneered.

“We never liked you. And who can blame us? You’re such an ugly freak. You’re a loser, too, and that’s putting it nicely.” They laughed snidely, coming closer. “We manipulated you, stupid. The whole time. We got you to give up your secrets. We got close to you, made you trust us. You trusted us with everything. We were your best friends. And now, with our leaving, we are taking away a huge piece of you. See how you do without it.” Her friends... No. The demons reached out, and she felt a tug in her chest, making her lurch forward. A glowing orb floated toward them, and the dark energy that connected it to them seeped into it, making it a dark grey, dripping mass that rumbled and groaned like a brewing storm.

It felt like she was suffocating, and, breathing heavily, her eyes reflected the misery that gripped her tightly, more than the chains ever could. I can’t... I can’t overcome this... This is not them. It is not them... They are evil spirits, not my friends...All of my trust.... I trusted them with everything... The demons each pulled a knife out from a sheath at their waists, leaned over, and whispered in her ear. “Sweet dreams.”She felt the blades drive into her sides, and within a moment, her vision blurred as blood gushed from the wounds. She blacked out.