Chapter One

The Coven Leader looked outside her window, watching as the last glimmer of sunlight slunk behind the trees. A singular star glistened in the dark sky, and she heard an echo through her house. 'Dingggg dingggg dingggggg'. She recognized it as her doorbell. Letting out a slight sigh, and walking towards the door, she opened it.

"Ah, hello there"

She said in a quiet voice, allowing the figure to step inside her house and take off their coat.

"Ugh, about time"

He huffed.

She sighed, sitting down on a chair and propping her feet up on the glass table.

"What's so important you had to come to my house this late?"

The Coven Leader asked, looking into the figures eyes.

"Just some special orders from you-know-who"

"And what do they say?"

"They want you to control this person tonight"

She nodded, taking a paper from the figure and flicking a finger to the door.

"Now leave, we don't want anyone to see us here talking"

He rolled his eyes.

"You know, I'm the whole reason you have control over me"

She smiled, laughing

"Yeah, you're damn right. I guess you can stay tonight."

They both chuckled for a moment before the Coven Leader looked at the paper she had taken from the Necromancer.

"You sure this is the right house?~"

She asked, voice quivering.

The Necromancer nodded

"As sure as I'll ever be, Kindle"

She huffed, eyes glancing at him, then to the door. Nodding slightly, she took a step to the door before the Necromancer stopped her.

"By the way, you're looking good tonight."

She shrugged, smiling.

"As always-"

She then blinked, a realization hitting her.

"I'll be back, hopefully- if I don't come back, you have control over the Coven."

His face turned dim, looking up at her

"What do you mean 'if i don't come back''"

"It's the inventors son, we don't know how dangerous he can be"

"You're right. Stay safe, Kindle"

And with that, the Coven Leader left the house into the night, heading into the streets.

~

"I dont like this..."

Kindle whispered to herself, walking along the dark streets.

The air was cold, and dark, mystifying the streets. In front of Kindle there was a resident's house.

Each person living in the small town in Salem lived in a similar house, though some houses were identified easily through decorations put up. Only 15 people lived in the town, with the occasional visitor, though mostly it was the same 15 people, or sometimes less.

Rumors had been spread when Kindle was a kid about a Coven, or a Mafia, or perhaps even a Serial Killer lurking amongst the common people in the town. As a child, Kindle found the concept absurd, but when she grew older, she joined the Coven.

This would be one of her first nights out as their leader.

She stood outside the house she was directed to visit, taking a step forward and sighing, flipping her hair behind her.

The wind howled, almost as if it was telling her that this was a bad idea, that she should turn back and become an Escort for the town like her mother, but she shook her head, and with that, stepped into the house, ready to take control of her target's mind.