Chapter 2: Fitting

"I've decided that I'll meet any potential alphas through a ball!" Felix exclaimed to Jeongin, his eye forming into crescents as he smiled.
     "But I thought-"
     "Shh! Shh...we don't talk about that. Now come on, we need to tell my mother." Felix practically skipped down the hall, his feet hardly touching the floor. He heard someone say that "if you just keep faking being happy, then you'll be happy"...he didn't believe it, but he wanted to be excited about this-he should be excited about this.

     He's gonna have a strong, good alpha that can take care of him...his smile fell slightly as he thought about the actual probability of that happening.

    A quiet sigh slipped out of his mouth as he entered his mother's room, full of clean cut marble and porcelain. He wasn't skipping anymore.

     "Ah, I was just looking for you!" His mother turned around quickly, shuffling towards him. Her long hair fell over her shoulders, resembling a waterfall. "I wanted to tell you that..." she paused, looking over her son's face "I've already decided on an alpha for you to get engaged with!"

      "But...I thought you said I got to choose? Whatever happened to that? Who even is it?!" Felix's hands moved wildly as he spoke. His soft, styled hair fell into his face.

     "Honey..." she cooed, quickly wrapping her arms around her son in an effort to calm the boy down. She gently stroked his hair, shushing him...she didn't want this either-she didn't want her son to be taken away to some big castle, controlled by an alpha who would hardly pay any attention to him. Felix derives much better than that.

     "Who-who is it?" He pulled himself away from his mother, his eyes tears and voice shaky. He could only hope it wasn't Changbin. He shivered at the mere thought of it. "I don't want Changbin..." he bit at the inside of his cheek, looking up at his mother with glassy, doll-like eyes. 

     "Oh, of course not." His mother sighed, walking over to her desk where stacks of papers were strewn about, some signed, others left to collect dust. She had the letter somewhere...she reached for the ripped envelope, pulling out the letter she had received only an hour prior. She got the gist of it. She placed it in Felix's hands, noting how they shook.

     "Queen Jin Hyun, I'm writing this letter to inform you of the fact that your son, Prince Felix, will be engaged to Prince...Prince Bang on the 21st of November," he muttered, his voice cracking. It was only in two days. "This is not a negotiable deal. We request his presence on the 16th in order for him to bring his possessions to our property and get acquainted with the Prince." He chuffed. These people actually think he's going to get "acquainted" with Prince Bang.

Felix slowly placed the letter back down on the desk, and without another word, he walked out of the room, his hands clenched.

     "Felix!" His head shot up at the sound of Dahyun shouting his name. She was practically sprinting down the hallway, with dresses? draped over her arm. "I need to do a fitting on you." She gently tugged on Felix's wrist as she made her way back down the hallway, towards the prince's room. He followed, his feet dragging  against the marble floors.

     Felix watched how Dahyun moved around the room, hanging up...dresses! He bit at the inside of his cheek, trying to contain his smile; though she seemed to notice, based on how she threw a wink towards him when she saw him looking at the rack.

     "Dahyun, why did you get dresses for me?" He thought out loud, his lips pulling into a pretty, curious smile. He took a couple steps into the center of the room, placing himself in front of a large mirror lined with gold.

     "Jeongin suggested it," she said, pulling a high-low, blush pink dress off the rack. Felix's face became a pale red-though he wasn't sure it was form embarrassment.

     He wasn't sure what the dress would look like on him

     He wasn't sure what the dress would look like on him...but as he stepped into the soft, thin garment, he couldn't hold back a squeal. The dress hugged the curve of his waist, accentuating his hips. 

     "This will be for your first meeting with the prince, if you like it that is." Dahyun adjusted the straps, and she looked at Felix through the mirror.

     "I love it! Can we try on more?" He twirled around for a brief second, admiring how the dress fluttered around him. With a quick nod from Dahyun, the dress was at his ankles, and a new one was already being prepared. This one was a similar color, lighter perhaps, and it was a ball gown-Felix practically jumped out of his skin from excitement.

     As she zipped up the dress, she couldn't help b it think of how he was going to be wearing this dress again in a few short days

     As she zipped up the dress, she couldn't help b it think of how he was going to be wearing this dress again in a few short days...and it wasn't gonna be here. It was gonna be at a castle a day's ride away, and he was going to be with an alpha...Chris Bang...the name nearly sent shivers down her spine, but she didn't let her nerves show-not when the prince was this happy.

     "This is for the inauguration!" She exclaimed, trying to get past her dark thoughts. Dahyun noticed how the waist could be taken in a bit...an easy fix.

     "It's so...fancy, and bright!" Instead of a twirl, Felix took a couple steps around the room, shivering at the feeling of the cold, silk lining of the dress tickling his legs. He was so used to the stuffy, dark outfits he had to wear anytime he made a public appearance.

     Through the rest of the fitting process, Felix and Dahyun seemed to forget about the obvious, looming cloud over the entire castle.

———————————————————————————

"Prince Felix, we're glad to welcome you...please, follow us."

"So you're the new omega...interesting."