Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to scenes, places, persons, living or dead, is not intended. This story is just a product of the author's imagination. 

 ** 

 "Is my life still mine?"

 I asked between sobs.  

 "How dare you to say that!" Mom shouted. She was looking at me sharply like I haven't done anything good to her.

 "That's the truth! Did you ever ask me if I really wanna do the things you want me to do? Mom, anak nyo ko, not your damn robot nor puppet na walang pakiramdam at saka lang gagalaw kapag kinontrol nyo!"  I couldn't help exclaiming.

 Nagulat ako sa biglang pag- init ng pisngi ko. 

Mom slapped me for the first time. Sabagay, this is the very first time I voiced out as well. 

"Tingnan mo ang naidudulot sa'yo ng pangarap mo! Kaya mo na akong suwayin!" She said without any trace of regret of hurting me. 

That thought is more painful than the slap itself. 

Even so, I still tried to convince her. I hope that as a mother, there's still part of her that wishes me to be happy, or there might be even just a little sympathy remaining. 

 "Mom, I'm sorry. But, just this time. Please let me pursue my dream. I want to perform in front of people, that's what I really want to do."  I pleaded.

I knelt in front of her hoping that she would finally agree. 

But I was wrong.

"This argument is over! You can't do anything with my decision anymore! Wala kang mararating jan! You'll work under our company whether you like it or not!" Mom exclaimed.

It made me clench my fist. I quickly walked out and went straightly into my room to pack my things. I think, it's the time to break the chain on my neck. It's my time to be free.

I didn't notice that Mom followed me.

"What are you doing?!" She interrogated as she entered my room.

I wiped my tears and faced her bravely. The anger crept inside me.

"I'm leaving this house and I don't need your permission!" 

Hindi ko na napigilan ang pagsigaw. 

I need to do it. If I let her get into my life again,  I won't ever be happy.

"Is this what you want? Fine! Leave me just like your father did! Wag na wag ka nang magpapakita sa harapan ko! From now on, I don't have a daughter!" Mom said then loudly shut the door.

Tears started to fall on my cheeks. My knees became weak kaya napaupo ako sa kama ko.

I gathered all my remaining strength to continue putting my clothes in my luggage.

Buo na ang desisyon ko. I'll prove her na may mararating ako sa pangarap ko. 

Me reaching my dreams will be her greatest downfall.

I will become a performer. Siguro nga para sa iba, mababaw lang 'to. Pero para sakin, this is more than a dream. This is living my life.

And also, I want to correct the mistakes I've done before. I want him back.

I won't make the same mistakes. Never again.