151-180

Huayue Records had been unlucky recently.

Feng Yankai, the president of the company, had been very busy resolving previous matters but was taken to court again in the blink of an eye.

At first, Feng Yankai didn’t take it seriously. He didn’t know how many lawsuits of this kind he had to go through every year. But this time, his attorney looked flustered.

“Feng… Mr. Feng, the lawyer of the other party is Qi Wenyi!”

Feng Yankai, who was annoyed, said impatiently, “What Qi Wenyi?”

His lawyer opened Baidu and searched for Qi Wenyi.

Feng Yankai’s face changed after reading it. Qi Wenyi’s reputation was well-known in the legal world. He was best at fighting transnational lawsuits and his opponents were all famous international companies and groups with outstanding achievements. It was just that he was getting older in recent years, and he seldom took cases by himself.

Feng Yankai was furious. “How can Xia Shiyu afford to hire him to file a lawsuit?”

The lawyer whispered, “I heard that Qi is the personal legal consultant of the Shen family …”

Feng Yankai: “Shen Huai!”

Before Feng Yankai could finish his angry outburst, someone knocked on the door again.

He said angrily, “What are you doing? Don’t you know I’m busy?” 

His voice fell and the door was opened with two strangers coming in. “Hello, Mr. Feng, we are from the CSRC. You are suspected of illegal acts such as fund embezzlement. Please cooperate with us in our investigation.”

Feng Yankai’s face changed completely.

Two days later, the news that Feng Yankai, president of Huayue, was being investigated for fund embezzlement shocked not only the stock market, but also the entire Internet.  

These days, there had been a lot of negative news about Huayue Records on the Internet. The share price of Huayue Records fell again and again. However, it was an established record company with numerous artists and some people were optimistic that it would survive this storm.

However, in the course of the investigation, Huayue Records constantly exposed new problems. According to the latest news, Huayue Records was pressed with 17 charges, large and small, and this time it seemed that it would really be unable to recover. 

The news caused an uproar.

Huayue had been controlling the entire Chinese music market for more than a decade. In these years, it had gone through many storms, and had survived. It was like a big ship that never sank. No one thought that one small rock would cause it to sink.

Shen Huai didn’t deceive Zhang Li, it was just the beginning.

Because of Huayue’s fall, the pattern of the music market in the whole country was quietly changing. For a while, there were many big and small record companies springing up.

Even “National Idol” was affected. Tang Ruoyi, as a major shareholder of Huayue Records, was also involved in the investigation and Qiu Jie’s contract was about to expire. Ming Wei invited him to join Morningstar after some consideration.

Morningstar became the biggest beneficiary of this incident.

At the same time, there was also a short article posted by someone on an investment forum. It said that the company had recently received a big order, but the proposal couldn’t pass at that time. The boss of the company was in a hurry. As a result, he saw two bosses from the investment circle in his circle of friends voting for Xia Shiyu, so he also helped voting for her. The next morning, his proposal was passed.