Chapter 5

SONEL'S POV

Richard arrived the next morning looking a little tired but he managed to give some detail instructions to the team. Richard and I still uses our ancient language to communicate in our emails, letters, mind links and conversations but we use modern day English if there are other werewolves involved. Being the last two remaining werewolves (maybe) from hundreds of years ago, I consider this ancient language to be beneficial for certain confidential matters.

Richard suddenly stopped in his tracks. "No. This can't be... It's just not possible." "What?" He's looking at Gloria in a strange way. "I know what's happening to me now but I just can't believe this. She's mine?" The word 'mine' came out as whisper from Richard's mouth as he started to move towards Gloria. I held firm on his arm before mind linking with him.

Sonel: Keep calm Richard. Not now. I know her. She's human and also my dear friend.

Richard: You know her? Since when?

Sonel: Since years ago. It's not my fault that you never wanted to come here.

Richard: Damn! Please let me go my King! I've been miraculously granted a second chance. This... This is so unexpected. I will not let her out of my sight.

Sonel: Richard. I'm happy that you are given another chance and that she will be my future sister. Gloria have been living here together with my future queen. They will be safer if both of us don't show that they're our mates. Be patient.

I saw him having a fierce internal battle with his needs while he kept his head bowed down before he took a few deep breath and looked outside. I know his eyes have changed to a dangerous silver colour. His body shaking slowly subsided and he let out a sigh.

Richard: It's best that I wait outside. Please excuse me my king.

Sonel: I understand. Take all the time you need.

Clapping his shoulders lightly, I walked towards Gloria and Alia. "Gloria. That's my friend Richard. I can ask him to be your partner for tonight but he had to go home because he's uh... Maybe feeling a little jet lagged but he will be available tonight." "Sonel it's okay if he's not feeling well. Maybe some other time. You two should go and have fun. Alia here didn't go out much since she first came to stay here. It will do her good to go out and have some fun with the right company." I caught a glimpse of a blush starting up on Alia's face before she turned her head away and playfully swatted Gloria's arm. So... She doesn't go out much. Interesting.

"Well then. Alia. Shall I pick you up at 6:30 pm?" She shyly avoided my eyes when she replied, "6:30 pm is fine. I will be ready."

ALIA'S POV

I said yes when I didn't have anything to wear for tonight! There's not even a dress in my wardrobe. I didn't feel the need to dress up for anything or anyone. Why did I say yes to him this afternoon! All of a sudden his smiling face popped up in my mind. What is it with him? Am I fall... Stop! No. He's a very handsome young man and I'm find him attractive. Oh my... Have my taste in men changed to younger men? He's got to be the same age with me or could be a few years younger than me. Aahh!

There's a soft knock on my bedroom door before Gloria opened it and pulled a black dress from behind her. "Alia. You need to wear this for tonight. It will look good on you and I guarantee this dress will greatly compliment your skin." The dress is beautiful. "I never saw you wear this dress before." "It was delivered just now by your new admirer, Sonel. Alia... Don't ever let him go and I can tell that he's truly attracted to you. Go on take it and have fun tonight. Who knows. Maybe he's the one for you." "I always thought I preferred older men. Sonel definitely is younger or same age with me." "Shush! Give yourself a chance. Don't be so negative about Sonel. Please..." I can't stop having this gut feeling that I'm about to start or venture into something big and out of the ordinary but at the same time it's not ominously dangerous. I can't explain it. Oh what the hell. It's just a... date? Sighing, "You are going to help me with my hair." "My pleasure!"

Looking at reflection in the mirror reminded me a little of myself when I was still with Eric. However, I'm glad that I don't feel any ache or whatsoever regrets anymore whenever I thought about him. I used to dress up like this when we go for our dates. "Alia! Sonel is here!" Smiling at my reflection, I grabbed my purse and went out of my room. Sonel didn't blink at all when I descended the stairs but he did smile when I finally stood in front of him. "You're so beautiful Alia. Are you ready to go?" Gloria had this stupid wide grin on her face. "Ye.. Yes Sonel. See you later Gloria." "Have fun you two. I won't wait up for you Alia and it's best that you don't come back home tonight." "Gloria!" "Shoo..." That was embarrassing. I'm going to strangle her! Sonel offered his hand to me and I stupidly looked at it for a while before taking his hand.

There's that tingling again and the tingling went up my arm till I felt it stopped near by left breast. What is that? Sonel didn't seem to feel anything as he continued to guide towards a black car. "Sonel." He turned that handsome smiling face towards me before replying, "Hm... What is it Alia?" Uuhh... The way he says my name makes me curl my toes. "Thank you for the dress. It's beautiful." "I'm glad you like it and you are indeed very beautiful in it."

Sonel opened the car's passenger door for me and I belatedly realized that his car looks very expensive. When Sonel finally sat down on the driver's seat, he suddenly leaned towards me and I automatically held my breath because his lips almost touched mine. I felt my heart did a double flip and I froze. Sonel was only helping me to put on my seat belt. Stupid me! Did I hope for a kiss or am I an idiot? I think I saw a hint of a smile before he turned his head away from me. What was that? Did he do that to me on purpose?! I'm hopeless!