Chapter 51

Gabriella

I applied the final touch of dark red lipstick, pressing my lips together as I grinned at my reflection in the mirror.

Turning towards the full-length mirror by my vanity, I did a playful twirl to admire my dress.

The off-the-shoulder bodycon dress, ended just above my knees, showcased my curves elegantly.

Black heels and diamond earrings complemented the look, while my makeup and wavy hair added the finishing touches.

As the elevator doors opened, I grabbed my small tote from the bed and headed out of the room.

Anthony stepped out of the elevator, looking incredibly handsome in a white button-up shirt adorned with black swirly designs, paired with black dress pants.

A smirk appeared on his face as his eyes swept over me.

"Like what you see, Mr. Castillo?" I teased, watching his gaze met mine.

His lip got caught between his teeth, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Oh definitely. The view is more than pleasing, future Mrs. Castillo. You look stunning."

I chuckled, wrapping an arm around his neck and pulling him in for a kiss.

We pulled away, and I wiped a lipstick smudge off his lips with my thumb.

"There you go. Ready to go?" I smiled.

"Absolutely." He took my hand, and we left the room.

*********

We parked the car in my parent's driveway, joining the guests already arriving. Stepping out, I exchanged smiles with familiar faces.

Anthony came to my side, his hand resting on my back as we entered the house together.

The living room buzzed with people holding wine glasses or enjoying small refreshments.

I spotted a red banner with "Congratulations" hanging proudly, adorned with our names. My parents, in the middle of the crowd, excused themselves and approached us.

"Hi, sweetie. Hello, Anthony. You both look wonderful," Mom greeted, bestowing kisses on our cheeks.

"Good thing you're on time. Shall we start the grand speech now?" Dad asked after shaking hands with Anthony.

"Dad, go ahead," I replied with a smile.

We followed my parents back into the living room, where Dad captured everyone's attention by tapping a wine glass with a butter knife.

"Good evening, everyone. I want to thank each of you for joining us on this special occasion. We're here tonight to celebrate not only the engagement of my beautiful daughter Gabriella and Anthony Castillo but also the union of two families. Many of you are aware of our history with the Castillos, and though it's behind us, this engagement marks the start of new beginnings. So, friends, let's raise our glasses to cherish this moment for Gabriella and Anthony. To Gabby and Anthony!"

Dad raised his glass, the gesture echoed by the guests. "To Gabby and Anthony!" the chorus filled the room.

We lifted our glasses, exchanging a short, celebratory kiss that garnered cheers and applause.

After greeting the guests, I made my way to Liana and Jeremy, who were engrossed in conversation.

"Hey guys," I greeted them.

"Hey, Gabby. You look amazing, by the way," Liana complimented.

"Thanks. How are you two holding up?" Their exchanged glance made it seem like I had asked about a first date.

"We're fine. But seriously, how are you feeling? It's your engagement!" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm good. Hey, Jeremy, did you finally seal the deal with Mr. Peterson's contract?"

Jeremy shot me a look, mirrored by Liana.

"Can you just relax? I told you I'd handle it. And drop the work talk; tonight's about celebrating your engagement," Jeremy chided, giving my shoulder a gentle shake.

"Alright, alright! Anyway—" I started before Liana interrupted.

"Uh, Gabby, you might want to check out those two over there."

Following her gaze, I spotted Noah with a brunette and Marco with a blonde, clearly out of place.

Jeremy chimed in, "I think those are your future sisters-in-law."

I shot him a look. "I'll catch up with you guys later."

"Be nice!" Liana chimed in.

Walking towards Noah and his companion, they looked up as I approached.

"Hey, Noah."

"Hey, sis. Congratulations, by the way." I managed a tight-lipped smile.

"Thank you. Care to introduce your friend?" I asked, looking at his companion.

He exchanged a quick look with her before focusing on me.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett. I know you're the older sister. Congrats on your engagement."

Tone? Too fake. Enthusiasm? Overdone. Attitude? Pretty snappy, with a touch of politeness.

 She's the type who goes for the attractive and wealthy guys.

"Nice to meet you, Scarlett," I replied.

"She's Damien East's cousin," Noah added.

"I see. Well, enjoy the evening, you two. Catch you later."

"See you." Scarlett waved with a nonchalant flick of her hand.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Marco and his companion.

"Hey, Marco. How's it going?" They both looked at me in surprise.

"Hey, Gabby. I'm doing alright. Congrats." I smiled at him.

"Thank you. So who's your friend?" I inquired, nodding towards the girl standing beside him, her gaze shifting nervously.

"Oh, this is Maggie, my girlfriend." He introduced her proudly.

"Girlfriend, huh? Hi, I'm Gabriella. Nice to meet you, Maggie." We shook hands gently.

"Likewise," she murmured almost inaudibly.

"Not much of a talker, is she?" I teased, earning a chuckle from Marco.

"She is, but you might wish she'd shut up once you get to know her." Maggie playfully slapped Marco's arm, and he chuckled.

"Alright, you two. I'll catch you later. And, Maggie, you should come around more often. I'd love to get to know you better."

"I'd love that too."

With one more smile, I walked away.

Strong arms encircled my waist, pulling me against a solid chest. It was obviously Anthony.

"Having a good time, baby?" he murmured in my ear.

"Absolutely. Everything's perfect, just as it should be."

He spun me around to face him, gently tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, come on. There are two more people waiting to meet you." My smile was accompanied by a slight frown.

"Who?"

"My parents."

I hadn't had a proper conversation with Anthony's parents before. This was a first, and gaining approval from them felt significant. Every daughter-in-law seeks that approval, and it's a major deal.

"Okay, let's do this."