4 | SHE WASN'T A BITCH. SHE WAS EVEN WORSE

The next morning, the sourest feeling was churning down everyone's stomach

The next morning, the sourest feeling was churning down everyone's stomach. The event no one thought of was taking place. Lalisa Manoban's funeral was actually happening. Tears slipping like they are never supposed to be stopped and till now, people still couldn't believe she actually was no more. 

Jennie Kim and Kim Taehyung sat in their hotel suite, studying the notes and the sound recordings. It was quiet. Maybe too quiet and they could hear each other breathing. "Who do you suspect?" Jennie said, at last, running her hand through her brown hair as Taehyung took a huge breath. 

There was another minute of silence before he answered, "It's too early to point fingers... but that Aran guy was getting on my nerves. He was acting weird and trying to avoid everything." 

Jennie hummed, "I also suspect Jisoo and Ten. While the Manobans and Ten both are probably bad mouthing her and they fought, but at the same time, I feel like they are just blaming her... So, it could be any of them." 

The corner of Taehyung's mouth twitched. Jennie gazed at the glass window from the room— the dark clouds had conquered the sky, blotting out the sun and the blue azure. The wind whispered through the trees and even though Jennie loved the weather before rain starts, this time the clouds brought the emotion of sadness with them. 

Jennie's eyes softened, and she looked at Taehyung who had the same expression on his face while staring at the weather. He was probably thinking the same. "We cannot imagine what the Manobans are going through. We don't know how it feels to lose a family member," Taehyung unconsciously said placing his hands over the soft blanket. 

"You mean... You don't know how it feels, right? Because I do Taehyung. I have lost three family members," Jennie muttered. Realizing what he actually said, Taehyung looked at her— Tears had filled her eyes, like every time she mentioned her family. 

Jennie sniffed, before picking up her laptop. "Sorry," Taehyung whispered, but Jennie didn't bother to look back at him. "Did you mail me Lisa's information and every detail the team could get?" the brunette asked, opening her mail. 

"Yeah. Check your Inbox"

Taehyung grabbed his own laptop, as Jennie started analysing every detail 

❝ BACKGROUND RESEARCH
LALISA MANOBAN ❞

Birth Name: Pranpriya Manoban

English Name: Lalisa 

Age: 25 (23 March 1995 - 13 August 2020)

Family members: David Manoban, Irisha Manoban, Aran Manoban 

Nationality: Thai-Korean

Education: Seoul National Primary School, Seoul National High School, Busan University 

Relationship: Has been in 20 "official" relationships— The most prominent being Ten Lee and Choi Youngjae 

Best Friend: Kim Jisoo— also good friends with Sooyoung Park, Kara Minjy and Nicha Yontarark 

Statement from sources

"Lisa was the University troublemaker. A normal student would get suspended for bullying and harassment but rich students, like her, have the privilege and she enjoyed it to the fullest. She was pretty rude to the freshman, and as a victim of her bullying, she really took it to another level at times. Many freshmen hated her but feared her even more. No one could get close to her unless they are rich and... have good looks"
- Hwang Jinah, studied at the same University as the victim

"Lisa was my roommate for a year, and we were pretty good friends. Her death has brought me so much sorrow because I really loved her as a friend. She was complicated but was still a nice person from the inside"
- Kara Minjy, one of Lisa's good friends

"Lisa was a typical playgirl who had a new man every week. She and I dated for three weeks before she cheated and I was foolish enough to believe that she actually loved me. She always did one thing after dumping her boyfriends. Spill all their secrets to the world. She did that to almost everyone who she wasn't serious with"
- Carol Jang, one of Lisa's boyfriend

.........

By the time Jennie finished reading every single statement, she felt herself getting sleepy. Each statement said the same thing, Lisa was a bitch who ruined the lives of many people. There were a few good statements too but they all came from her close, rich and spoiled friends. After all, birds of a feather flock together. 

"Tae, how are we supposed to suspect someone when ninety-nine per cent of the sources hate her and it's visible? Moreover, these are just thirty statements... Not every single one. There is too much to research on," Jennie whined, slumping upside down on the bed. The sheet smelled like honey and cocoa and it made her feel even sleepier. 

Last night, she and Taehyung didn't sleep but tried to retrieve as much information they could. Jennie was pretty sure she had got eye bags and sleep was calling her. She turned towards Taehyung, who was already...napping?

His mouth was slightly open, his head thrown back and leaning at the headboard, his glasses sloping down slowly, going to fall down any minute and his grip on his laptop was quite loose. She unconsciously smiled at how dumb he looked and slowly shifted towards him to take his glasses off. 

But the minute Jennie touched his glasses, he jolted awake at the sudden action. Their faces were so close to each other and Jennie wished he wasn't able to hear her heartbeats which were increased way too much. 

Another awkward moment, Taehyung thought. For the past few months, he and Jennie had found themselves stuck in many awkward scenarios... like this. And they always ended with Jennie changing the subject or him going to the other room. 

Jennie couldn't think of one emotion at the moment. Freaked out. Nervous. Awkward. but when her phone ringed, and she could think of thousand words that she can say to thank the caller for saving her from this. 

Taehyung glanced at the caller screen, officer Darren from Barcelona Police. Jennie put the phone on speaker, as they listened

"Ms Kim, I have something to say. Every videotape that was filmed during the wedding is ready. When can you both come over to see it?" 

Jennie looked at Taehyung, before replying "We will be there this evening."

"