Chapter One

- Chloe -

Chapter One

It had been eleven months since Harry proposed, and almost a month, twenty-eight days to be exact, after the wedding.  It had been the social event of the decade, claimed the press, when him and I were married.  Quite spectacular in my opinion, a romantic, small wedding placed at a local church in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England, Harry’s hometown.  Harry’s mother, Anne Cox, father, Des Styles and step-father, Robin Cox, had come, along with the rest of One Direction, harry’s sister Gemma, my family, and a few close friends.  We tried to make it as personal and discreet as possible, but that hadn’t stopped hundreds of girls to create a wall around the church.  Inside the church, it was decently quiet though, rose petals everywhere, a long, thin, white carpet stretching down the ground, in between a few rows of white chairs with ribbons wrapped around them.  It wasn’t big, but big wasn’t what I wanted.  All I ever really wanted was Harry.  The money, the career, the gifts, all of that never mattered to me.  It was the love that pierced my heart like an arrow.  I feeling that set a tight knot in my stomach.  A feeling that made my fingers and toes tingling, and cheeks redden and warm.  I wasn’t someone who needed a lot, but rather what I did need, I needed a lot of.

It had been nothing but publicity ever since the wedding.  We’d waited so long for the honeymoon because Harry was just finishing up a tour, and at the moment was in New York City.  He only had tonight’s concert, and another concert in two days, when he was coming back to London, where we’d fly out to New Orleans, to begin our honeymoon.  After two weeks in New Orleans, we were traveling to Harry’s private island off of the coast of the Cancun and spend twelve days there, then after that fly to Paris, where we’d resume the last three weeks of our honeymoon.  It was long, but Harry and I didn’t have as much couple time as much other couples, and this was a great opportunity to take time off and be entirely in our own little world together for once in a long time. 

To be truthful, Harry and I hadn't officially "consummated" the marriage yet.  Even though he'd wished to the one night after the wedding he had with me after he left for the one month tour in the states we had together, I held it off.  Saving that dirty deed for a more special time and place, the first night of our honeymoon.  It had to be memorable, rather than with hasty and the regular.  Even though, the "regular" is amazing, this had to be different I felt. 

I grabbed my large tote off the coffee table and walked over to the door, opening it.  I was spending the night with my best friends, Lea and Halle.  I'd promised to spend some time with them before I left for the honeymoon anyways, and I'd held it off, fearing what they'd planned for the three if us.  The last time I was with them was my bachelorette's party, in which I spent the next two days with my head in the toilet, so hungover from that night that I had to move my final wedding dress fitting check to three days later.

I left the flat that belonged to Harry and I and got in my car parked a block away.  Some nights it was difficult to make it to my car, large crowds of the constantly cheering girls blocking my pathway, but tonight was a quiet night in London, and the fans decided to cut me some slack.  I got in the silver Mercedes-Benz Harry got me for our two year anniversary, which was three months before he proposed.  It was a short drive to Lea's house, where I was spending the night, and I parked a few blocks away. 

I sauntered through the chilly London air, even though it was a mere May 18th.  I rang the doorbell and Lea allowed me in and I took the elevator up to her room and knocked on the door, in which she immediately opened, a bottle of red wine in her hand. 

Not this again, I thought with a roll of my eyes. 

" Why look who it is Halle, Mrs. Chloe Ann Styles," she pursed her lips and opened the door. 

" What's it like being married Chloe?" Halle asked with a light laugh from the distance as I walked in and took off my jacket. 

" Hasn't felt much different, I think just because Harry's been on tour, the last name though.  That's going to be hard to get used to," I said and handed Lea my tote, who laid it on the large island counter in the kitchen and sat down on the wrap-around couch next to Halle. 

" You looked so beautiful at your wedding darling, utterly precious," Halle said. 

" Why thank you, my hair took long enough though." I laughed to myself. 

" Do tell me this Chloe, I've been quite interested on hearing how the first night of the marriage was?" Halle raised her eyebrows suggestively. 

" We slept." I stated with utmost simplicity.

" Slept?" They asked in unison. 

" Yes." I nodded. 

" What, did you hold out on him?" Lea laughed. " How sweet of you, poor lad."

" I'm saving it for the honeymoon."

" Oh please, knowing you to you'll probably do it in the airplane bathroom." Lea snorted and I kicked off my heels with a loud laugh. 

We ended up watching a movie together and talking.  Halle was quite helpful towards what I really should be doing during the honeymoon, and what I should be wearing.  A conversation  more about their dirty little minds.  We went to bed at two in the morning, slightly drunk on three bottles of wine and our own happiness.  In the morning I left early for work, which would be my last day there for a long time.

**********

Authors note: helloo everybody c: please please please vote and leave comments and fan me and read this and ldghalmxueqlhta ilysmmmm

- Chloe :D