013

continuing things happen..
play song :)

at this point, i'm lowkey scared because i don't what derek might do. we were seated in a booth, and right as we sat down, i see isaiah sitting down diagonal  from our booth. 

we made eye contact and he waved and smiled. he smiled back, but it faded when he saw derek sitting right in front of me. then he gets up and leaves.

a male waiter comes over, and he smiles at all of us.

waiter: your family is very beautiful.

laila: um.. thank you.

i smile at him, and i try to be nice. i look over at derek, and see him looking at me and the waiter waiting to say something.. ugh. 

waiter: well, my name is vaughn, what would ya'll like to drink this fine evening?

laila: hi vaughn can i get two apple juices, and maybe one sprite? and what do you want derek?

derek: a pepsi would be fine.

waiter: okay i will be back shortly with the drinks , until then you can look at the menus, and decide what everyone will eat.

laila: thank you.

he smiles, and he leaves.

derek: what was that?

laila: what? i was being nice unlike your stuck up, rude, jealous ass. 

derek: ya'll were being too friendly he was flirting.

laila: im not even about to go there with you.. 

derek: go there laila, i want you to..

laila: not infront my kids.. 

derek: why do you eep saying "your kids" like they arent mine? 

laila: i say my kids, meaning the ones that i raised for the 3 years they've been alive because their deadbeat father cant keep their dick to one individual person. when she's been nothing but loyal to him even when did her so wrong so many times. but you wouldn't know anything about that.. now would you? you don't even know what their first words were.. what day they each took theyre first steps.. but since you wanna play this 'daddy' role, so badly actually do your job as a father. lets go aubree and aiden.

i stood up, and picked them up. and i started walking away, and i got into my car.  he came out, and knocked on my window.

laila: what do you want?

derek: you deadass taking my kids away from me.

laila: no. you can have them for a week, and ill have them one week. that way you can do what you wanna do, and leave me in the past and continue on with your life. bye derek.

i rolled up the window, and pulled out of red lobster's parking lot. yes, i still do love derek but he needa chill out. we are toxic for each other and it's just bad at this point, and i don't want it affecting my kids.

aubree: are we still going to eat mommie, and where's daddy?

laila: well baby.. me and you dad aren't getting along right now, so we made a plan for you to see him. you're going to be staying a week at his house, and one at home with me..

aiden: why cant you guys get along?

laila: um.. remember when i told you guys about the story between your dad and i?

aubree & aiden: mhm..

laila: well.. after he cheated on me.. i just have this barrier to put up when it comes to him.. i just don't want to have to go through that again, but it okay... but enough with the sad stuff, lets go get ice cream!