Chapter Three: FINE, I WILL!

Meredith's POV:

After about a few hours after Athena recruited me for her team I got home. I laid in my bed thinking about what just happened. I had been offered to join a team of other kids whose parents were superheroes as well. I got up from my bed and I realized I needed to tell my parents that we need to move from California to New York so we aren't separated from each other. "Mom, dad! I need to talk to you both in the living room. It's important." I start to freak out. What if they get mad at me? What if they say no? How do I explain why we have to move all the way across the country, so I can be apart of this team? I hear a noise. My mom and dad are already in the living room. I head downstairs to met up with them there. "What's wrong peanut? Why did you call us down here?" My dad asks. I take a deep breath. "We need to move to New York." I tell them. I can tell that they are shocked and they are starting to worry. "Why do we need to move to New York honey?" My mom asks. Damn it. This was the question I was trying to avoid. "I can't particularly say why we need to but we need to!" I see my parents faces get mad. This wasn't what I wanted! "Why do you want to move to New York?" Her dad asks. "Well that's hard to explain but we just need to go!" I try to explain again. "Why do you expect us to drop everything and move there without you explaining why?!" My dad yells at me. "BECAUSE I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY!" I scream back. I don't like yelling or arguing with my parents. It makes me very sad, but they just aren't listening! "FINE! If you want to move to New York so badly, here's some money. Catch the bus and go there by yourself!" My mom yells at me. I don't want to leave my family, but I am blinded by rage. "FINE, I WILL!" I storm up the stairs and start packing my basic need. A few pairs of clothes, a pair of sneakers, some snacks and drinks, etc. I run out the front door and slam it. I go to the bus station and get on a bus to New York. I arrive a few days later.