BROKEN EUPHORIA

BROKEN EUPHORIA
A MIYA ATSUMU FANFICTION

Your eyes locked with him as your grip tighter around the bouquet of flowers you're holding. You bit your lower lip to stop yourself from crying. Atsumu smiled at you while he also tries his best to not cry. Osamu is standing behind him tapping his twin's shoulder and slightly chuckling. You took your time walking down the aisle, all eyes are on you and the music playing from the organ rings through your ears.
This is indeed the happiest moment of your life. This is the start of your eternity with the love of your life. With your Atsumu.

"Tsum-tsum, come on! It's time for your message for your lovely bride!" Bokuto said enthusiastically and hand the microphone over to Atsumu who's clinging on you.

"But I don't want to stand up!" Atsumu pouted. You lightly tap his face while chuckling.
"Come on, love. Don't you have anything to say to me?" you asked/
" 'course I have." He answered before planting a light kiss on your temple "But will you join me there? He asked. You nodded and the both of you stood up in the middle of the crowd. His eyes are fixed in yours as if you're the only person that he sees.

"Y/N..." He started. You smiled at him to assure him that you're listening. "Earlier, I vowed in front of Him that I would love you and cherish you until death claims us both. Right now, I want to vow in front of our family and friends that I will always do my very best to protect and cherish your smile that became my sunshine on gloomy days..." Atsumu dragged his free hand on your cheeks and lightly stroke it while looking at you lovingly.

"I can't believe that you're actually mine for all eternity. I can still remember our first "hello" like it only happened yesterday. That was one of the happiest moments in my life. I don't need anything grand in my life. All I need is your hands in mine from dusk until dawn until we're gray and old. Y/N, my love, my baby, you are my home. You've always been my home. I promise to love you, over and over again, in this life and even in the next." He continued.

You were about to hug him out of happiness when something clouded your vision. Muffled sounds filled your ears and everything went black.

Atsumu's eyes widen when he saw blood rushing down from your temple. He watched you slowly close your eyes and he caught you when your body fell.
"Y/N! No!!!!!" He screamed. Everyone panicked and ran outside the venue.
Osamu and Aran rushed to his side while Kita called for an ambulance.

Atsumu didn't pay everyone no mind. He just cradles your lifeless body while saying your name continuously as if it's a spell that could make you open your eyes again.
How can the happiest day of his life turn into a horrible nightmare?
How can your eternity ends in that very same day that it started?

"Y/N!!!!" Atsumu screamed and his body jolts up. He's sweating so hard he looked like he just took a shower. You jumps up from your sleep and your head snap at him.

You touched his arms to make him realize that you're just beside him. Your eyes widen when he look at you with tear stained eyes. He was crying so hard.
It took him a couple minutes before he realize that you're sitting beside him.

"Y/N" he whispered.

"I'm here." You said before spreading your arms and he threw himself at you. Atsumu buries his head on the crook of your head while sobbing so hard.

"I'm here..." You repeated while gently stroking his hair. "But, my love... you have to let me go someday..."

Your eternity ended just before it starts.
Your euphoria turns into a nightmare that haunts Atsumu forever.

"The Bullet was meant for Atsumu Miya, a volleyball super star... but the gun man missed and it hit his bride instead..." the police' voice rang in Atsumu's ear as he hugs the pillow tightly as if he's cling to your body.

Atsumu blamed himself for your broken forever...