Presidential Romance

We were on the edges of our seats. I was anxiously clinging onto my chair. I was stroking my wife's hand as the faith of America laid upon me. The gays, the minorities, the poor. They were all counting on me to win. All we needed was Nevada to win. All my hope is on Nevada. 

Suddenly in the blink of an eye. It was over. It was all over. I looked at the score-board. Tie. It was a tie. I gasped and fell into my wives arms. 

"The election has ended in a tie between Joe Biden and Donald Trump" the announcer screamed. I headed my way to the white house to give a final speech. I put on my black mask and my best suit. I walked out strutting my stuff. I was surrounded by the paparazzi. Cameras flashing in my face. 

I see Trump. Standing there, plump as ever. He looked angry and sad. What a man he was. He was angrily awaiting my arrival. He is staring in a devilish way. God, how he gave me a tough run. 

We go to shake hands and he smiles and pulls his hand to his face and removes his mask. What was underneath was shocking.

Under his mask he was Obama. It was my former president in the flesh. 

"O-o-Obama-chan??" I muttered. I left the comfort of my wife's hand and slipped it into his cold palms. 

"Yes" Obama smiles and laughed. "Did I fool you?" He chuckled once more. I was shell-shocked. I forgot the good times we'd had. The times that him and me had. It all came back. I realized that everything I had done so far was for him. It was all for him. I loved him

He smiled and I knew it was time. I leaned in and kissed him. He pulled away and I was scared for a second. Had I taken it too far? Then he pulled me in and it was a fantasy. I heard a roar from the crowd as they saw our kinship. Even my wife was clapping for me, well ex-wife. 

I held his hand and lifted it to the crowd. Then we ran, ran as far as we could all the way to Paris. The land of romance , the land of joy. I land of Obama and I.

What happened to America? You may ask? Kanye West took over as he was the only one left with enough votes. He lead the country to ultimate poverty and it crashed and burned. Oh well.

Then it all went black. It was over. Everything was finally over.