chp 6-7 : The Mutt and The Purebred (Rewrite)

Author(s) Notes

I decided I wanted to merge and rewrite this vhapter with the next one. I felt they were easily my weakest chapters in this story. Enjoy this new version!

Reader's P.O.V.

   "Hey Little Miss, I've got a special job for you." I turn my head to look at Sam. Whose sauntered over to me.

   "What's up Sam?" I ask curious as to what he's going to say.

   "I need you to go Topside for me." Sam says and my eyebrows go up in surprise.

   "Topside, up to a plate? Why do we have business up there?" Madam M having business up there i'd get. Andrea having business there isn't too far fetched either. Sam however, I can't even imagine what kind of business he would have.

   "Someone who has history in Wall Market sent these. Look for yourself." He pulls out a fancy looking envelope. Taking it I pull out the letter and start reading.

_____

  Dear Chocobo Sam,

     I understand there is a good chance you've forgotten me. Seeing as I never caught your eye in my time in the sector five slums. But I had once worked for your fellow trio member, Andrea Rhodea. I worked as one of his dancers before going plateside . I'm glad to announce I've climbed the ladder here. Making my big break a fair bit ago. But now I'm staring in a play I've adored since my childhood, Loveless.

    With my influence and assets now. I can afford to fullfil my greatest wish. To have my former mentor, his companions, and their significant companies to come watch me. Which is the purpose for this letter. I humbly request you come topside to Sector 1 with two companions of your choice. It is dearly appreciated,

    From yours truly,

          Adam Lark

____

    I fold the letter back up and put it back in the envelope. Head kind of spinning from reading that writing. It was admittingly really gorgeous and fancy. But it was so excessive in design that is really hard to read. I hand it back to Sam whose chuckling with a knowing look.

   Guess Sam knows exactly what I'm thinking. "So little miss, what do you think? Think you can come with?"

   He questions and I think about it. Going plateside for the first time sounds super interesting. I might even be able to see the sky!

   "It sounds really cool, but." I look down at myself. This outfit is mine and I love rocking it. But I doubt it's going to fit plate side. That and we'd be going to watch a play. Which I'm guessing is really fancy.

   "Don't you worry about that Lass. Go see Madam M. She's already got something for ya. Only if you want of course." I happily nod and make my way to Miss M. Passing through the door without so much as a knock. Something that would get most dragged back out and shot. 

   "Madam M?" I call into the shop.

   "Back here darling." Madam M calls from the back room. Where she gives her massages; She's even offered to give me one for free, or to teach me how to do it myself. Though I could never get an answer as to why she offered that. She just gave me a small smile and mysterious reply, 'It's a trait any regal woman would know.' I still haven't decided whether to accept her offer or not.